Aca500plus + TF1260?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

I thought I'd try a TF1260 on the A1200 expansion port of the aca500plus. Unfortunately it doesn't boot, just an orange, then blue, then green screen with some numbers and an error code EXC5.

I note in the autoconfig page of the system information menu it says "aca500plus autoconfig board not found, possible cause : your system contains incompatible expressions".

Which is fair enough, only recent ACA12xx boards are officially supported.

But...

Is there any scope to update the aca500plus firmware to work with it? I'm happy to post you the TF1260 to have something to try it on.

• Judging from the videos that the author of the TF1260 has published, it's a rather deep rabbit hole to dive into if you want to debug that thing. I'd prefer the thing to be verified properly on an A1200 first - this will most likely make it work on the ACA500plus right away.

• It works on one of my A1200s so the card itself is OK. I tried fiddling with the expert options and disabled everything I could - it then booted to a white screen and got stuck. I think there must be a clash of memory addresses somewhere.

• I think there must be a clash of memory addresses somewhere.

Unlikely. An accelerator is a complete CPU/RAM subsystem that has full control over the whole address space. The accel "maps in" the Amiga as if it was an IO card. That should rule out all problems like that: The accelerator always has priority, and the host system only "answers" the bus when the accelerator tells it to.

Get a 68020 data book, read how a 68020 really handles the bus, implement that on the TF1260 side and it'll work with the ACA500plus. It's not that hard - if you know what you're doing, that is. I hear that the TF guy just stopped doing this because he got p*ssed off with the community, but who knows - he might have found out that making a stable accelerator is a little over his head?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.