ACA500+ problemas after rom 3.2 flash

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • After flashing rom 3.2 I experienced several problems with my accelerator card, initially works well but time after keyboard was freezed at ACA500+ bootscreen, curiously Ctrl-A-A works. Finally in last two days DiMo show 99 and I get a green screen, imposible to continue. Without accelerator Amiga works perfectly, some CF cards and power supply were tested with no results.

Many thanks for your attention.

Best regards.

• My system comprises an Amiga 500, with recently purchased trapdoor ram expansion, 512K and RTC, with and without this expansion I experienced the same problem, my PSU are meanwell, and others PC/PSU, all of them work previously without problems, monitor system is a TFT/TV connected througt SCART, and finally a Gotek unit as DF0:

Many thanks for your attention, and rapid response.

• I tested my setup with several commodore original PSU and HP lab desk PSU with same results, DisMo ends with 99, some times I get a green screen, sometimes I get accecerator interface with keyboard freezed, but Ctrl-A-A works.

Many thanks for your attention again.

• What strikes me is that you're making a conenction to flashing the 3.2 Kickstart - however, this won't affect the startup behaviour of the card, as the Kickstart isn't even loaded by then (the menu will even run if there is no ROM in the computer at all!).

So the best guess I have is that flashing went wrong because it was done with a known-bad PSU. In that case, please launch in de-brick mode (press and hold the DisMo button until it blinks "0_", then reset) and boot the update-ADF. This will re-flash the menu system, hopefully getting that back to work (the update file also doubles as a rescue-disk, in case you didn't know).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.