ACA1221lc Maprom odd booting

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I just purchased an Indivision AGA Mk3 and ACA1221lc, they are both great and really have made my Amiga much more comfortable and fun to use. However I have one issue if I can even call it that, when I turn on the Maprom feature I am unable to do a softboot, only when turning the Amiga off and back on does it boot but if I use the keyboard to restart it sits on the Kickstart screen. This happens if just remapping the existing kickstart or using a newer kickstart, if I do not enable Maprom it soft boots without issue. I have a CF card as the hard disk. Thanks in advance for any advice :)

• The ACA1221lc starts much faster if you have MapROM enabled. If you reset the machine, you also reset the CF card, so both go through a reset-procedure. It's possible that the CF card doesn't reply to the "identify"-command, because it simply misses it.

This is a known problem ever since the A1200 came out. The easiest solution is to cut the reset-signal that goes to the CF card; it's pin#1, usually the red wire of the IDE cable.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.