New card Twentieth anniversary Buddha Amiga 2000 , KS3.1 with 4Mb Fast Ram, wrong size of the Work partition

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Good morning.

The Buddha card has just arrived and once installed and tested with two mechanical HDs (a 13Gb HD Segate and a 10Gb Maxtor), by making the automatic installation from the DOM this displays the correct capacity, but then by starting the system it is created a 500Mb WB partition and Work, with 13Gb HD Segate, creates about 3.5Gb and with 10Gb HD MAxtor creates about 2.5GB.

I noticed that the installer version V1.0 is present in the DOM. I have thus upgraded to V1.2 from your site, but the result is the same. Also initially I had to change in the HDtoolbox Tooltype the name from "SCSI.DEVICE" to "BUDDHASCSI.DEVICE" otherwise it would not see the HD. ; the installer does not do this automatically.

Do I have to update the flash memory of the card to solve the problem? Possibly how is the syntax?

Thank you

• but then by starting the system it is created a 500Mb WB partition and Work, with 13Gb HD Segate, creates about 3.5Gb and with 10Gb HD MAxtor creates about 2.5GB.

That's a weakness of the "old" operating system: It does not know how to display any larger size than 4Gb. If it's going beyond that, it wraps around to 0 - in your case, this happens multiple times. All involved software (file system and device driver) will handle the partition with it's full capacity, as you can verify by copying lots of data to those partitions.

There is no way you can change this with a flash update of the Buddha. It's a weakness of the OS, only resolved with OS3.1.4 or higher. However, it will not affect the functionality - it's merely a cosmetic problem.

Also initially I had to change in the HDtoolbox Tooltype the name from "SCSI.DEVICE" to "BUDDHASCSI.DEVICE" otherwise it would not see the HD. ; the installer does not do this automatically.

We've never thought about changing that with our installer - but it's an idea worth thinking about.

• Thanks Jens.

If I didn't get it wrong being just a display issue, if I were to install Workbench 3.1.4 I would have to fix that too, right?

I indicate below the link of my video where I describe the Buddha Card and my experience, if you want to watch it:

https://youtu.be/4iL4cWkLaQM

Thanks again.

Luigi (The Lost C)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.