Chameleon 2 - Pictures and tech specs (upgrades)

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I am curious if you guys could add pictures of how the new TC64 V2 looks like from all sides + how it is with the casing on it. I have already ordered but I want to know what I am getting -- just as a teaser.

Plus - could you add a list of the items which are new (like the fpga) and what more the V2 can do that the V1 couldn't, etcetera. E.g. how much larger the new fpga is and if we could expect to fit larger cores for more advanced machines (e.g. the a1200 aga core and so on).

Super happy to know I soon will receive my new V2 and the RRnet3+cdtv remote. It is ike 2nd christmas :D

• The CDTV remote works remarkably well, but that's not due to radio, but 40kHz modulation on IR. On the Chameleon side, there's a special IR detector with 40kHz as it's center modulation frequency, so it perfectly matches the CDTV remote's frequency.

Yes, the CDTV remote almost feels like "not IR", because you don't have to point it directly to the Chameleon. It works fine even with the IR signals reflected from one or two walls, and distance also appears not to be a problem - I don't have a room big enough to make distance a problem.

The IR detector is quality gear - it's a Vishay part. This particular type was developed with filters for the 50Hz/60Hz "humm" that neon light is causing, and it turns out to be very effective for filtering out the underlying frequencies of LED lights as well. In other words: No change on this part, as "known-good" is the best we can go for.

• That is great to hear. German quality never goes out of style :-) I am glad I ordered both the expansion + cdtv + rrnet. But since the RrNet is wired, I bought from Amazon a very small wifi bridge (usb powered) so I can use my wifi with the TC64. The bridge is like 5cm x 2cm so it bundles well with the rest -- sizewise.

Maybe V3 ha onboard wifi and support for bluetooth mouse/kbd ? or a USB connector for mouse/kbd ? :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.