ACA500Plus CF AUX slot damaged

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I accidentally attempted to put in the cf card the wrong way around and bent the long pins. 1 long pin broke away from the circuit board and my attempt to solder it back on has failed miserably.

Does anybody do repairs of these cards ? I purchased 2 new cf card slots but there is no way I can solder these things on.

• You might want to add the info where on the planet you're located. We of course do service, but it may be "send the card across the big pond" that makes it un-economical for you (just a guess/example).

• I bought my two weeks ago, and both of the CF-Slots has PINs bend! What now?

If they're bent badly, you probably can't bend the pins back without breaking them. You really need to be careful when inserting CF cards, don't push unless they're aligned properly.

If you think these have been delivered this way, we'll need the warranty ID of the unit, so we can check the QC pictures that were taken when the unit was packed.

In any case, it can be repaired, and we have the spare part in our shop if you want to do the repair on your own.

Jens

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.