x-surf-500

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • "PME" stands for "power management event": If the Ethernet card gets a wakeup-packet, it pulses the middle pin for a brief period.

This is currently a completely unused connector - there is neither software, nor hardware that supports this.

The initial thought was to make a simple cable that wires the PME signal to the left mouse button (LMB) signal. If you're a developer doing cross-development, you could do something similar to this:

- write your code on a PC

- have the Amiga start with network enabled

- push oyur test-binary through network to Amiga

- remotely execute a batch script that shuts down network and launches the test-binary

At this point, you no longer have remote contorl over the Amiga, and for returning from the test-binary and re-starting the network stack, you need access to the keyboard or mouse. For the case that you've coded in a "press LMB to exit", you'd still have the possibility to send a PME packet to the Amiga, which the chip would translate into the PMU signal - with a self-made cable connected between the Amiga and the mouse, you'd have the complete round-trip test of your binary done remotely.

Since this is "very nieche", I believe that even Timm didn't execute this (did you?).

• No, I always have the left mouse button in my reach. I remember having played around with wakeup packages, but I think I haven't seen anything like that working. There were factors that made it unfeasible in practice, but I don't remember the details.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.