Graphical glitches and artefacts with AGA Mk3, but ONLY when using PCMCIA

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello all!

I received my Indivision AGA Mk3 yesterday, along with an RTC clockport module. Installation was smooth and everything worked out of the box. I installed the required software and promptly tried various screen modes. Everything works great!

So I decide to activate the TCP/IP stack and go online. Uh oh, what was that? screen tearing, glitches, flashes. Odd. I reboot the Amiga, everything is rock solid. I go back online, the glitches/artefacts start again, which leads me to believe that the PCMCIA network card is causing this. Because otherwise, everything works great.

What can I try to alleviate this? Here are my specs:

-NTSC Amiga 1200, rev 1D.1, recapped board.

-TF1260 accelerator

-IDE-to-CF adaptor with 16gb CF card

-3com Etherlink III PCMCIA

-Internal floppy

-External Gotek

-Indivision MK3

-Icomp RTC clockport module

-Mean Well RT50B power supply.

• -Mean Well RT50B power supply.

Please fix that before trying anything else. MeanWell PSUs are not suitable for the Amiga, and we've been preaching this since this forum was introduced. All technical background is summarized in our power supply FAQ.

Further, I believe you're the person who was mentioned by a German customer - you've had contact via Facebook? If so, you may have the same issue which is likely to be already resolved with a firmware update. Please make sure you're using the latest firmware, which was last updated in January of this year.

• Further, I believe you're the person who was mentioned by a German customer - you've had contact via Facebook? If so, you may have the same issue which is likely to be already resolved with a firmware update. Please make sure you're using the latest firmware, which was last updated in January of this year.

That is correct, that's me. I will try the latest firmware and report back!

• Well now I don't know what to do. I created the rescue disk, flashed the firmware and now I have no picture. What else can I try??

*edit*

Got it working again. Here is what I did. Tried the rescue disk, both in floppy and in ADF format. I either had a blank screen or a flashing screen with horizontal lines. Nothing was working and I was starting to get discouraged.

So I connected the Amiga via RGB on a 15KHz-compatible LCD monitor. I had a picture, yes! I switched the resolution back to standard 640x400 resolution, saved that setting in the Indivision and rebooted. The Indivision works again! So I tried to flash the firmware again. The message I get is that the configuration cannot be saved.

Thoughts?

• Might be caused by your bad power supply - again, please fix that before reporting back. I don't like chasing ghosts. MeanWell PSUs are known-bad for the Amiga.

The rescue disk is normally only if flashing the firmware went wrong, so I assume you haven't written down everything you did? Or did you just miss the drop-down menu item "flash firmware" in the config tool?

• Upon checking everything, it looks like it has flashed correctly. The program says I am on version 1.9 and flickering has stopped when PCMCIA is in use.

Now to take care of the power supply.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.