Problems with Indivision MK3 for A1200: no audio and keyboard

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • IMG_3677 resized.pdfIMG_3678 resized.pdfIMG_3679 resized.pdfIMG_3680 resized.pdfIMG_3681 resized.pdfIMG_3682 resized.pdfIMG_3683 resized.pdfHi I have big problems with Indivision MK3 for Amiga 1200. Installed everything correctly unfortunately there is no way to have the audio (I have tried many games, thinking that the problem could be only for some) and the keyboard does not work. If I remove everything, the keyboard works again. I tried with both of my Amiga 1200s: one is standard without upgrade, the other with 8mb expansion, 3.1 kickstart, whdload and sd card, but no audio and no keyboard. I tried with different power supplies, different hdmi cables thinking it could be the problem, but nothing. I point out that the video part can be seen very well. I do not know what I have to do! Can you help me . Thank you

• there is no way to have the audio

What settings are you using in the config tool? Note that the factory setting is "pure DVI" without Audio. You need to switch it on and select a sampling frequency. There are monitors that don't like certain sampling frequencies.

and the keyboard does not work.

I see on your pictures that you have removed the flat cable. You need to push the upper part of the keyboard connector all the way back down, which might "click" along side the CIA adapter of Indivision AGA MK3 before it really ensured contact with the keyboard tail.

• hi, there is no way to make the keyboard work with the CIA adapter on U7 (without the Indivision the keyboard works perfectly). I have tried in all ways and on 3 different A1200s. I push the keyboard connector all the way down and I hear a click, then I put the CIA adapter well by pushing until I hear a click and ... nothing the keyboard no longer works and consequently I cannot enter the live config mode to change the audio settings. .Once the CIA adapter is removed, the keyboard works perfectly again. At this point I think it may be a defect of my Indivision mk3. I am discouraged :-(

• I cannot enter the live config mode to change the audio settings.

Audio settings can't be changed in live mode. You can only change them with the config tool.

Once the CIA adapter is removed, the keyboard works perfectly again.

This is really odd. Every Indivision AGA MK3 unit is tested with the CIA adapter before it is packed. Has there ever been anything else installed on the CIA chip? Maybe a cold solder joint?

If you can't make it work, we can of course take a look at it here. Please read the hints for sending goods back to us.

• Hello together, have the same problem at least with the keyboard connected to my MK3. The picture is fine though.

But keyboard stops working as soon as I connect the CIA-socket with the MK3. So that means, NOT THE SOCKET PUT ON THE CIA is my problem BUT the cable connection from socket to the indivision. As soon as I remove the cable the keyboard works again. So it seems to me, it is no question of a bad foot of the CIA chip.

Of course I did not any hot-plug :-) Tested this with completely off switched A1200 and complete personal ESD components.

• We've had cases before where the CIA adapter was either placed on the wrong chip, or was roated at one time. This has killed the driver chip on Indivision AGA MK3. If this happened to you, please include it in your error description. We'll find out anyway, but we'll charge added diagnosis cost, as the time to diagnose this is longer if you're trying to cover up your own fault.

Also, please make sure that you're following the hints for sending stuff back to us.

• Hi Jens. Thx for your help. I can't remember that I rotated or misplaced the sockets anytime as I usually am very carefully. But anyway I can't exclude that possibilty for sure, as the keyboard was working long time. What I remember: For a few weeks (with and without using the mk3) I had strange blue horizontal glitches on my crt via rgb and tv via tgb2scart while the digital output via mk3 beside was without error. So I assume having troubles in my VideoDAC cirquit. But as that failure came it went by itself and I don't have any glue what it was. Dont know if that had any relation to the problem. My A1200 1b is recapped.

• 😁 I knew that you would ask it. Actually I use the new Psu for A1200 bought in your shop. But it was the same when I changed back to the original C= for test. So it seems not to be caused by the psu itself. Well, currently these glitches are away and the keyboard still doesn't work as described.

• Hi Leute,

Tobias - thx :thumbup:

Jens - tried now flashing firmware from 1.5 to 1.9, but there is no change regarding the keyboard.

I think I would like to send you my Indivision for a check/repair, if you wouldn't have any further ideas as well.

• Jens first of all thank you for repairing my indivision mk3. Now I have the problem that using it in hdmi there is no audio because it is set in pure dvi. You advised me to get into config tools but I'm not very experienced. Could you advise me what to do exactly to set the audio in hdmi? Thank you

• Hi i don’t speak English or German i use Google traslator but i don’t understand what i have to do to have audio hdmi. I am not able to enter in config tools and proceed with the settings. I understand that it is my limitation for this reason I am asking you for help otherwise I cannot exploit the qualities of the mk3 being without audio

• Hi i don’t speak English or German i use Google traslator but i don’t understand what i have to do to have audio hdmi. I am not able to enter in config tools and proceed with the settings. I understand that it is my limitation for this reason I am asking you for help otherwise I cannot exploit the qualities of the mk3 being without audio

open the config tool, click on ‘advanced’, then under Global setting choose a mode for the audio.

On this blog you can find more useful things https://lyonsden.net/indivision-aga-mk3-flicker-fixer/

Images

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• First of all, thank you. I am not very experienced and I thought that config tools was in the workbench instead I have to download it from the icomp site, so I didn't understand what I had to do. Thanks again very much

No problem 👍

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.