Indivision AGA MK3 for A1200 not starting

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi!

I just received my AGA MK3!

I carefully putted it on Lisa and on U7.

My A1200 is starting but nothing on the screen only colored lines (Photo attached)

My setup:

Checkmate 1500 Plus case w/ Silverstone 300w Power Supply (SF-XL)

A1200 Rev 1D.4 w/ ACA1233n

CF Card plugged on IDE port

On my original VGA output the signal is ok and the Workbench is starting as usual.

After that i brush Lisa with contact bomb but still the same.

Pleaser help me!

Thanx and take care,

Julien

• Hi Jens,

Thanx for your time and answer.

I tried to put the female socket slowly but not entirely and it works perfectly!

I really don't know why it don't works when i push the socket entirely (like recommended in the manual).

Do you know why?

Thanx,

Julien

Amiga 2000 + TF536 + CF 4gb + 1084

Checkmate 1500+ w/ 1200 + Individual MKIII + ACA1233N + Elbox SATA III + CF 4gb

• BTW i tried with the original / Genuine A1200 Commodore Power Supply and same thing.

• I really don't know why it don't works when i push the socket entirely (like recommended in the manual).

Do you know why?

Sounds like a micro-crack on the solder spots of Lisa: If you push the socket all the way down, the pind might be pushed in far enough for a contact to the main board to fail. In that case, you'll have to re-solder all pins of the Lisa chip, that should make it work.

• Hi again Jens,

Sorry for the late reply (too much work).

A friend came with its own Individuak MK2 to test my Lisa. All is working fine with it.

May be i push to much force and broke something in my MK3?

Can i send you back it to repair it? Of course i'll pay for your after sale service.

Tell me,

Thanx again,

Julien

• Thanx for your patience and kindness.

I read the link. I'll do all for the shipping.

Is that possible to couple the return? Because i want to buy you other things in your shop.

Thanx!

Julien

• Is that possible to couple the return? Because i want to buy you other things in your shop.

Sure - the easiest way to do this is to place the order in the shop and choose "wire transfer" as payment option. This will require human interaction for processing the order, and we can easily combine shipping.

However, BEFORE you ship, please make sure to try one thing that I have asked you to do already (but didn't get an answer yet): What happens if you use the rescue disk? Does it find the unit, and does it produce output after running the flash process? This is a pretty important piece of information for us!

• Ok thanx.

What do you mean about rescue disk?

The OS rescue disk or Individual disk?

Sorry for my gap.

• I just tried and the screen is still the same.

What can be the problem?

Thanx.

• Oh sorry I must not have understood the rescue Disk.

How can i do it? Do you have a link to see the protocole?

Sorry again and thanx Jens!

• There's not much to it - make the rescue disk with the config tool, then boot it, look at (and maybe write down/photograph) what's shown on screen - hoping you have a different monitor solution for the DB23 RGB port.

• Hi Jens,

Yes i have a second traditional 1083 monitor plug too.

I tried the rescue disk and it worked. It flashed the Indivision and the screen works. I saw the Individual logo in the top left (that i never saw before) and all worked during 5 hours (Games, Workbench, Demos etc.)

But i don't know why now the LCD screen don't boot. Nothing happens...

I tried again for the Rescue disk, it flashed again but no reaction.

When i use the Bootable Software package it says that it don't see the MKIII Indivision.

What can be the problem.

I was so happy.....

• We've had two cases already where I had to refund the flicker fixer for this very reason: Unknown reason for start-problems. One customer solved it by "kicking" the FPGA on the propduct to re-launch with the commandline flash tool from the rescue disk (that's what it always does, no matter if you're flashing or not).

What I initially suspected is that the power supply does not launch in a controlled way (which may very well be the case here), but this needs further investigation, which is impossible while I do not have a machine that shows the error.

I'll look into the CPLD source code and see if there is a way to implement some error handling that catches this case. I will have that on the table next week anyway, as I need to verify the A4000/CD32 version of this product.

• Hi Jens!

Ok tell me when you know more.

I'm really sorry for that problem.

Thanx for your time.

Julien

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.