NTCS: Artifacts on the far right hand side of the screen and a white line on the far left side.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • So when it comes down to it; a CRT updates and refreshes much faster than an LCD/LED.

I tried the TV upstairs. The text scrolling was like 60% to 70% better and the sprites

were about 20% better. But this is using sharp's RF driver.

There likely isn't a product that could be made to fix this problem so I'm calling

this report done.

• There likely isn't a product that could be made to fix this problem

Since it's always the whole chain of involved components, your first priority should be to keep the amount of involved components as small as possible. "some random Chinese adapter" will most likely not deal with nerdy details like V-Synced output, but go the path of least resistance (i.e. shortest development time).

Like I wrote earlier, the Chameleon is a known-good solution in terms of "generating a fully synced picture". However, it requires the monitor to support these small corrections that we do on every frame-start. We do maintain a list of compatible monitors in our WIki.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.