trying to see CF card as DH0 under WB1.3

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • tried all kinds of settings but all i can get to is WB1.3 with no errors booting off my WB1.3 floppy. I want to be able to boot directly into WB1.3 from the CF card on my ACA500+.

Can someone that has this WB1.3 setup please give me a step by step how to

thanks

• If you make a CF card with the OS3.1 installer, it will automatically add a dh0: partition if the card is large enough (size will be about 50MBytes). If you boot off that card, you will of course boot into WB3.1.

You can then mount the dh0: partition by using the mountlist that has been placed into the storage: drawer (or was it the devs:mountlists drawer? Just check, must be one of these two places). Once the partition is mounted, you can copy the contents of your WB1.3 floppy (and possibly other 1.3 disks) to the partition.

The dh0: partition will be bumped up in priority if you launch the system with F2 from the startup menu of the ACA500plus. The other partitions will also be "visible" in that case, so you will ahve a shared "work" partition, for example.

• Just prepared a CF card using the automated install (F7).

I enlarged the 50MB DH0: to 250MB and installed WB1.3 onto it.

I like how DH0: is hidden if I boot into 3.1 but I wonder if I can also hide CF0: when I boot into 1.3?

Are there any issues copying files between FFS and PFS3 partitions that I should be aware of?

If I make a custom profile (expert mode) with KS1.3, can I force it to boot into DH0: and not CF0: ?

• I like how DH0: is hidden if I boot into 3.1 but I wonder if I can also hide CF0: when I boot into 1.3?

We deliberately did NOT implement this, as there is a common scenario that you may need when booting to WB1.3: If you downloaded something using 3.1 and saved it to that partition, you will want to copy it to your 1.3 partition. If the 3.1 partition is hidden on startup, these files will also be hidden. Sure, you may use the AUX port for exchanging files,

Are there any issues copying files between FFS and PFS3 partitions that I should be aware of?

The PFS3 version we're using with the ACA500plus is fully compatible with 1.3. No problems that I would know of.

If I make a custom profile (expert mode) with KS1.3, can I force it to boot into DH0: and not CF0: ?

Good question - as in "not exactly sure how to do this": The ACA500plus bumps the boot priority of the 1.3 partition when the corresponding F-key is pressed in the main menu, but there is no setting in the expert menu that will allow you to use this in your own profiles. This may be an addition for future updates, but I already see a problem here: We're running out of screen space for showing options (note that the menu must be designed for the smalles screen, which is NTSC).

Good question - as in "not exactly sure how to do this": The ACA500plus bumps the boot priority of the 1.3 partition when the corresponding F-key is pressed in the main menu, but there is no setting in the expert menu that will allow you to use this in your own profiles. This may be an addition for future updates, but I already see a problem here: We're running out of screen space for showing options (note that the menu must be designed for the smalles screen, which is NTSC).

+1 for that.

Being able to configure boot partition for different profiles/Kickstarts woruld be a win :) ATM i have to fiddle with early startup when booting KS 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.9

• Isn't there some kind of multi-boot tool on Aminet already? This should be fairly simple to make; you can keep libs:, C: and the like on the same partition and just bend the assigns to what's different.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.