Reloaded MK1 fault

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi

My MKI board failed after reset. Basic screen appears but without cursor. Tried changing CIA1 and 2 but no change. Also tried different PLA, processor and even SID, but nothing helps. I have no clue what to do next. Any help is appreciated.

• If you see the READY prompt, but the cursor does not blink, there's no IRQ coming from the CIA, or it's not arriving at the CPU. If the chips are known-good, try to move them sideways in the ZIF sockets while they are closed (lever down). This will scratch the pins a little against the sockets, and improve contact if the pins are corroded.

• Thanks for quick reply. Problem was bad contact. I cleaned cpu and cia legs with fine sandpaper and contact cleaner. Also sprayed sockets with cleaner. Works great again!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.