Desperately waiting for news about the C64 PSU

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • If I only had some spare time.. it's been on my list for very long, hardly moving higher. Will try to push that into the shop before the end of the month.

Jens

And C64 Reloaded MK3 FPGA

Is this really going to be a thing?

We just need a new keyboard and keycaps to go full circle and be able to build 100% new systems again. (I'd totally do that, by the way.)

• Jens :-) great ! :-)

And about a new keyboard, maybe the guys behind Mega65 can lend a hand with the keyboard bit ! Seems they have a new keyboard now for their computer !?

Regards Dag !

• I see the 12V adapter is in the shop now, but I was waiting for the 12V to C64 converter adapter - Any chance this happens soon too ? Nervous about all my PSUs .. !

• I see the 12V adapter is in the shop now, but I was waiting for the 12V to C64 converter adapter - Any chance this happens soon too ? Nervous about all my PSUs .. !

I have interrupted the development of that adapter in favour of many other projects that need to be finished this year. The current state of the prototype is "works, but causes bad noises in the coils of older C64 boards". I cannot sell it like that, so more development is required to keep those noises from happening.

• Jens: Cool, so this is an adapter that inputs 12V from an "off the shelf 12V-PSU" and converts to the AC and DC which the C64 needs ? I have long waited for someone to make such an adapter. Instead, people make complete PSU-replacements and they look chunky and big. I hope this 12V-adapter you are making will see the daylight when you find time. It would also be cool if it had output to the Amiga so you could use the same adapter for the C64 and the Amiga (maybe not at the same time, but still).

Thumbs up! :)

• I hope this 12V-adapter you are making will see the daylight when you find time.

This PSU/DC-DC/AC converter will most likely use a C64 cartridge case. My first prorotype was in the same case as Micromys, but I won't be able to fit additional required circuitry in that. So in terms of size, the C64 cartridge case is what you can expect. This will be geared towards using the Commodore 12V/2A power supply that I already offer, but you might as well use a 12V PSU that you may have lying around from an old router, provided it has "center positive" polarity.

It would also be cool if it had output to the Amiga so you could use the same adapter for the C64 and the Amiga (maybe not at the same time, but still).

That will be a different product, as the Amiga needs a negative -12V (low aperage), and a lot more current on the 5V rail. Further, since the total power requirement of an Amiga is a lot higher (depending on expansions in it), the power source will be a laptop PSU with at least 19V.

No ETD for both these projects.

• Hope for progress on C64 PSU - I really need two or three new :-( If the PSU design you have now works consistently for new C64c only could it not be marketed as such ? I know that is less than desirable to say the least but .. I really need more PSUs :-( and there are very few good ones oujt there that I know about.

If the PSU design you have now works consistently for new C64c only could it not be marketed as such ?

That doesnt really make sense, people would expect a C64 PSU to work on all C64s - and rightly so.

• *Bump* I see some CA-PSU seems nearly available ? Is this a good sign for C64 PSU too ? (I mean was not the primary brick PSU availablity a reason for delays too ?)