Fitting ACA1221lc in A1200 rev B

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • That looks like a *very* thin slot on your A1200's board - thin enough to not fit. I can't (or better: shouldn't!) do anything about that on the accelerator's side, as that would weaken the connector. I suggest to fix it on the A1200 side and use a small file (or would "rasp" be the correct word?) to widen the slot.

I believe this is the first time ever that "something" is installed in this A1200?

• Apollo 1200 (4mb)

I remember that was a card with two half connectors, not a single integrated connector. It's very possible that your card had a very thin separator. They were hand-filed for each part.

Still, you're the first person opening a support case ever since we're making A1200 trapdoor expansions, stating that the connector does not fit. Our connectors have a separator that's just under 1.3mm thick, and the A1200 computers we've measured back when we spec'd the tooling had a minimum gap of just under 1.5mm, where some even had a gap of 1.8mm. The tolerance that Commodore accepted was obviously pretty high, and yours appears to be well under the 1.4mm that we've set as a minimum. I'd say we're not that far off, given that it took around 15 years to find a computer where it doesn't fit :-)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.