Indivision ECS V2 + Amiga 1000: no Kickstart screen

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I recently installed an Indivision ECS V2 in my Amiga 1000 (with its adapter).

It works well, except for the fact that, at startup, the kickstart screen is not displayed (blank screen). After the kickstart is loaded, the workbench screen is correctly displayed, and from then on everything is ok.

Is there something wrong or is it normal?

Thank you in advance for your support.

• Might be that the first register-writes into Denise already happen while the FPGA is being loaded from flash. Try to press reset before inserting a Kickstart disk and wait again until those 10-ish secs are passed. Does it display the picture then?

• This will be tedious to debug - but I'll put it on the list of things to check next time we have Indivision ECS V2 on the table. It might be as simple as certain registers that need a different power-up value, but that's just a guess.

• Do you have Graffiti emulation enabled? The Kickstart loader sets the Genlock Audio bit, which enables the Graffiti functionality. Since there is very little use for Graffiti on an OCS computer, you might want to switch it off in the config tool. If you want both, Graffiti emulation and a visible Kickstart-hand, you'll need to patch the ROM. Not sure if that's worth it:

00F81308: 357c 2300 0100 MOVE.W #$2300,(A2,$0100)

The constant would have to be changed from $2300 to $2200 for GAUD to be 0. You'd have to replace the Even ROM with an EPROM that has the patched value.

Thanks to Toni Wilen for the hint.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.