ACA500 plus and AUX card?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi

I have a problem with CF card in aux slot.

I have working boot card (Sandisk 4 GB) in boot slot prepared with ACA´s automatic installer.

Im trying to move stuff from PC to Amiga with Transcend 8 GB CF card that I have formatted to 4 GB FAT32 partition in Windows.
    I insert Transcend 8 GB card to AUX, boot ACA and continue with F1 to Workbench 3.1, ACA gives error: Device CF0.1: Rootblock extension invalid. (see attachements)
    After second or two ACA continues to Workbench but there is no stuff from boot card available. Only error: PFS-III Error requester

If i boot with only Sandisk as boot card and insert Transcend later when in Workbench, it never shows up?

Everything works when booting ACA with Sandisk as boot and another Transcend 16 GB card in AUX. That card has been created from image and is usable from Workbench 3.1

What I am missing here?

Best regard
    Jouni J

• It maybe also worth to mention that the card was earlier as a boot card in aca and was partiotioned with automatic installer. I then reformatted it in Windows 10¨s Diskmanager. As a boot card it worked as expected.

• Use diskpart in Windows to clean your 8Gb CF card, Start your Amiga with only the bootcard, when your in the Workbench insert your cleaned 8Gb card in the Aux: slot.

You wil get a ndos icon, select this icon and format the card.

I did it with a 32Gb cf card without problems.

To use DiskPart to fix storage drive issues on Windows 10, use these steps:

1. Open Start.
    2. Search for Command Prompt, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
    3. Type the following command to run DiskPart and press Enter:

diskpart

4. Type the following command to list all the active drives and press Enter:

list disk

5. Type the following command to select the drive that you want to clean and press Enter:

select disk DISK-NUMBER

In the command, replace DISK-NUMBERwith the drive number you want to repair as it appears in the "Disk" column. If you do not perform this step correctly, you could erase the wrong drive. Proceed with caution.

6. Type the following command to wipe out the drive and press Enter:

clean

Images

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• Thanks Phill... i will try Diskpart method.

I managed to boot to WB with card in AUX slot. I just needed to close all warnings and WB eventually appeared. I then formatted card and it now boots with card in AUX. Card is of course now unreadable on Windows machine because of the file system.. Ill give a try to cleaning with diskpart.

• It is not the intention to boot from the AUX: You have to put your boot cf-card in the boot slot. The AUX: is used to transfer data.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

• Sure..not booting from AUX :D

Anyhow..problem was resolved by formatting Transcend CF-card with HDtoolbox in Amiga WorkBench. It made FAT32 8 GB partition to card which also works in PC, I guess Diskpart would have solved that also. I think because card was earllier formatted as boot card (with ACA´s automatic installer) there was some hidden stuff on card which was not deleted by Windows DiskManager. HDtoolbox finished the job.

• Problem solved 👍

• I insert Transcend 8 GB card to AUX, boot ACA and continue with F1 to Workbench 3.1, ACA gives error: Device CF0.1: Rootblock extension invalid. (see attachements)
    After second or two ACA continues to Workbench but there is no stuff from boot card available. Only error: PFS-III Error requester

As you found out yourself, this was most likely caused bythe card having residuals of an Amiga RDB on it, although it's FAT-formatted.

It is not the intention to boot from the AUX: You have to put your boot cf-card in the boot slot. The AUX: is used to transfer data.

Not correct - you can also use the AUX slot to boot from, and that card can even be an Amiga-formatted card. However, since there is no proper "unmount" on the Amiga, it's not hot-pluggabe if you are using an Amiga-formatted card in the AUX slot.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.