TLyra 3 CD32 problem

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have a Lyra 3 (which was bought from Amiga Kit) and I am having problems using it with the CD32. All of the keys work except for caps lock, which when used causes the keyboard to crash and stop responding. The same thing happens when I try and enter the config mode. I have bought two different keyboards (HP KB9965 & WYSE KB3926) thinking this was the problem, but the same thing happens on both.

• This does smell like a keyboard-related problem, indeed. Config mode will flash the LEDs, so the "set LED state" command is used in both problematic actions; Caps and config mode. I would not exclude that both keyboards use the same (buggy) controller.

Do the LEDs change on power-up?

You've chosen the subject of this thread to be a Lyra/CD32 problem. Does this mean you've tried on a "normal" big-box Amiga and got different results there?

• I don't have access to a big box Amiga sadly, so I have only tried it on the CD32.

All the lights come on initially then it settles with the num lock on.

Could you let me know of a known working and readily accessible keyboard?

• All the lights come on initially then it settles with the num lock on.

That means that the initial "set LED" command is peroperly executed. Weird - that's the same routine executing that command.

Could you let me know of a known working and readily accessible keyboard?

I would have expected that all PS2 keyboards work, as I don't own a single one that doesn't work. Of course I don't buy all new keyboards that come out, and with USB becoming the much-more-widely-used-standard, there's a chance that PS2 mode doesn't get the testing attention from the vendors that it used to get.

Lyra3 has been on the market for 8 years if I remember right. I did have a report of a KVM switch that didn't work properly, but fixed that pretty quickly, At this point, there are no open support cases - this may of course be because people didn't report a non-working keybaord after finding one that works. So if you want to be sure, get a PS2-only keyboard, preferrably a used/old one - for both cost and compatibility reasons, if we go with the hypothesis that newer keyboards may fail on Lyra 3.

• I got it working for a sort period. I tested it in Shell and I was able to type capitols I cycled the caps lock three times on the third try it hung again. So it may not be a problem with the Lyra. I haven't recapped the board yet. so I will try that and see if improves the stability.

Thanks for your help.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.