ACE2B PAL question

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I don't think that the ROM of a Zorro card is the right place to do the PAL/NTSC switching. The ROM is called really early in the startup process, and settings in the chipset that it makes would be overturned by the Kickstart.

Since you're talking about an ECS Zorro machine, this is most likely an A2000 or A2500. I will make the ACA2000 - hopefully later this year. It will have the possibility to change individual register contents, such as the Agnus chip ID, which is used in the Kickstart to determine if the computer needs a PAL or NTSC bring-up.

Jens

• My 'Force PAL' modded 3.1 ROM arrived long after my last post. Due to them sending me the wrong 'unmodified' ROM. It arrived a few weeks back. And now my A500 Plus using the 8375 NTSC Agnus I bought from iComp quite a few years back coldboots to PAL. So a nice solution.

• Yes it is an A2000 ECS Rev 6.(not sure PCB Says Rev 6)

I just found this https://github.com/SirCathal/KickstartPalPatcher it patches the Kickstart rom to boot in PAL.

Yes, I had Amigastore do it for me as I don't have an eprom programmer. So I ordered a Kickstart 3.1 and asked them to patch it with forced PAL. I gave them the link to the kickstartPalPatcher and they did it for no extra charge. Simple and cheap solution.