Buddha Ide and A4000

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I installed the buddha ide on my 4000 and connected a hard disk and on the on board of the 4000 the cdrom and the iomega zip. The 4000 works perfectly and boots regularly. The problem is that the 4000 obviously first scans the integrated ide (cdrom and iomega zip) and then boots from the Buddha Ide. Is there a way to boot directly from the Buddha without scanning the built-in ide of 4000 before?

• There's no easy way, no. The scsi.device in the Kickstart ROM will always scan for these devices, and it will take it's time (I assume you want to speed up the time for a cold boot).

Using an A1200 Kickstart may give you a shorter boot time, but you'll also lose the IDE, which I believe is not your goal :-)

Maybe you can move one of the devices to the Buddha and have the boot device on the internal IDE? This will also reduce boot time. Speed-wise, the two controllers are about equal.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.