Indivision MK3 Resolution Problems

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens,

I just bought the indivision mk3 in mid-February (order ID 92618) but I have the following problems when I set the resolution of 1024x384 or 1024x768 with a VGA monitor

I read here: Indivision AGA Mk3 + A1200 2B = heat problems? that with motherboard Rev. 2B which is exactly my model there have been problems related to artifacts (glitches).

As you can see from the videos (MK3.zip) that I am attaching to the resolution I wrote to you before I think when the lisa chip heats up because if I put a finger on the socket of the lisa chip I feel a lot of heat.

- Has the latest firmware been updated before the shipment you sent me?

- Should I put a cooling fan on the LISA chip?

I also downloaded the indivisionAGAmk3-1.9.adf and put it on the floppy but I did not understand how to update the firmware to the latest version 1.9 (provided that it has not already been updated before shipping to version 1.9)

Can you explain it to me in detail please if you need to upgrade?

My configuration machine:

A1200

KICK ROMS 3.1.4

Blizzard 1230 IV with 68030, FPU and 128MB of RAM

HD: CF 32GB

AOS 3.9

Indivision MK3

A-Power. Power supply for Amiga 500, 500+, 600, and 1200.

With an extremely low leakage current, A-Power offers 55W of power, more than two times the power of the last PSU manufactured by Commodore (25W). It accepts 90~264VAC input voltage and it is compatible with EU/UK/USA/Australian and Japan current standards (by chosing the right option).

MK3.zip

Let me know

Thanks so much

Enrico

• Can you explain it to me in detail please if you need to upgrade?

Use the drop-down menu item.

A-Power. Power supply

Sorry, but that's known-bad. You have been folled; send this thing back for a refund. It is not suitable for an Amiga, as it violates three out of three key specifications of the original Commodore specification. Please read our PSU FAQ. Do not operate the Amiga or our hardware with that PSU. It WILL cause trouble, and it may be harmful to your precious hardware.

A-Power offers 55W of power, more than two times the power of the last PSU manufactured by Commodore (25W). It accepts 90~264VAC input voltage and

Why quote the false statements of the vendor? Again, you have been fooled. That PSU is based on a MeanWell chassis, which is not suitable for an Amiga. Just because it happens to work if the Amiga has no expansions does not mean that it's good.

• Hi Jens,

were you able to look at the attached files inside the .zip file I sent you?

why didn't you answer me about the artifact problem ...

also I did not understand which drop down list are you talking about? the only tool that I managed to load from floppy .adf is that of changing the resolutions...

For the power supply instead you recommend me a model that is perfect for my precious hardware ...

Many Thnaks

Enrico

• why didn't you answer me about the artifact problem ...

Because you haven't read the documentation - didn't even bother to attempt the CCK capacitor or pullup/down settings. I'm not here to read available documentation to you.

also I did not understand which drop down list are you talking about?

Basic Amiga usage: If a program is running, you open the drop-down menus by pressing and holding the right mouse button, then hovering with the mouse to the top bar of the screen.

For the power supply instead you recommend me a model that is perfect for my precious hardware ...

I gave you a link to our PSU FAQ. If you can re-cap an original Commodore PSU, it'll be good - much better than a MeanWell-based semi-solution. If you can't do that re-cap, you just follow the recommendation that's given in the FAQ: Our CA-PSU.

• Because you haven't read the documentation - didn't even bother to attempt the CCK capacitor or pullup/down settings. I'm not here to read available documentation to you.

I have now read the documentation for the artifacts (glitches) but here: Mk3 horizontal glitches only at startup

I read that the same problem has already happened to another user / buyer and suggest to try to do the recap of the original feeder

Basic Amiga usage: If a program is running, you open the drop-down menus by pressing and holding the right mouse button, then hovering with the mouse to the top bar of the screen.

OK

I gave you a link to our PSU FAQ. If you can re-cap an original Commodore PSU, it'll be good - much better than a MeanWell-based semi-solution. If you can't do that re-cap, you just follow the recommendation that's given in the FAQ: Our CA-PSU.

I also tried the original power supply and the artifacts show up after 5/10 minutes so I will recap the original commodore power supply and let you know if the defect still occurs.

I use an original A500 PSU (5V-4.5A, 12V-1.0A, -12V0.1A).

• Just in case you didn't notice it by now: Indivision AGA MK3 is not the cause of the pixel errors - it merely makes them visible. And since previous versions of the flicker fixer did that as well, we started adding possible remedies into the product, such as the CCK capacitor and pullup/down resistors that are now software-switchable.

• Hi Jens,

or if I buy your Amiga power supply that you sell can I be sure to solve the artifact problem? reading this:

"This means that the voltage on the main 5V rail will never deviate more then 0.9%, measured inside the computer - no matter if the computer is in vanilla configuration or heavily expanded. Conventional power supplies will either supply too-high voltage to a vanilla machine, or too-low voltage to an expanded machine, causing malfunction or even defects. This cannot happen with our cable drop compensation technology" It should work.

https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en…psu_type=compact_200-240V

Since you wrote here: Mk3 horizontal glitches only at startup

With the latest firmware update, the reliance on clock drift due to temperature has been removed, so what remains are the effects occurring on the Amiga side, not inside the indivision flicker fixer.

p.s. on my A1200 all the capacitors on the motherboard have been changed, the classic capacitor recap kit.

• Try it first with a good PSU.

I have almost the same A1200 Rev 2b (KS3.1.4; Blizzard 1230 IV + FPU; HDD CF 64GB; Indi AGA MK3;PCMCIA CF32GB)

Even with the original PSU of Commodore I had some problems after I had problems with a PSU from a Polish company.

With the CA-PSU all my problems went away.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• p.s. on my A1200 all the capacitors on the motherboard have been changed, the classic capacitor recap kit.

This may already be the problem: What type/quality of capacitors was that? Unfortunately, 99% of the kit-sellers out there only tell you the name plate capacity of the parts, but do not look at capacity degradation due to voltage (which is why the voltage rating is critical), and they also don't tell you the ESR of the parts. As a result, the machine may be even less stable after re-capping, because the seller of the kit wanted to make an extra few cents.

As a result:

if I buy your Amiga power supply that you sell can I be sure to solve the artifact problem?

..the answer must be "no", as we only shift probabilities, but I can't guarantee that a messed-up computer will work again if you use a proper power supply.

Once again, try the CCK capacitor and pullup/down combinations. They do help. Really.

• Try it first with a good PSU.

I have almost the same A1200 Rev 2b (KS3.1.4; Blizzard 1230 IV + FPU; HDD CF 64GB; Indi AGA MK3;PCMCIA CF32GB)

Even with the original PSU of Commodore I had some problems after I had problems with a PSU from a Polish company.

With the CA-PSU all my problems went away.

Hi Phill,

thanks for your advice.

What kind of problems did you have with the original Commodore PSU or the Polish PSU?

Have you had the same artifact (glitches) issues as I did at high resolutions? (from resolution 1024 upwards)

• Just in case you didn't notice it by now: Indivision AGA MK3 is not the cause of the pixel errors - it merely makes them visible. And since previous versions of the flicker fixer did that as well, we started adding possible remedies into the product, such as the CCK capacitor and pullup/down resistors that are now software-switchable

Once again, try the CCK capacitor and pullup/down combinations. They do help. Really.

I try to set the CCK capacitor and pullup/down resistors from the configuration tools and I'll let you know.

• with the Commodore PSU the Indivision was never recognized, it was not possible to change a setting of the Indivision software and I got a lot of Guru Meditations. This PSU is never recapped, it was the light weight version, not the heavy A500 version.

With the Polish PSU I had some glitches but only for about 25 minutes. After these 25 minutes the PSU was blown up, I couldn’t try a second time! Never sent it back to that company because the high costs to sent it.

Now I’m working since August with the CA-PSU in HighGFX mode (1024x768) without any problems.

For me it solved the problems, that doesn’t mean it will solve your problems also. Try the CCK capacitor settings like Jens says. I didn't need it.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

• with the Commodore PSU the Indivision was never recognized, it was not possible to change a setting of the Indivision software and I got a lot of Guru Meditations. This PSU is never recapped, it was the light weight version, not the heavy A500 version.

With the Polish PSU I had some glitches but only for about 25 minutes. After these 25 minutes the PSU was blown up, I couldn’t try a second time! Never sent it back to that company because the high costs to sent it.

Now I’m working since August with the CA-PSU in HighGFX mode (1024x768) without any problems.

For me it solved the problems, that doesn’t mean it will solve your problems also. Try the CCK capacitor settings like Jens says. I didn't need it.

Yes,

I'll try the settings from the config tools as Jens says.

But you can confirm that you had the artifact (glitches) problems before the CA-PSU you bought now?

Is the CA-PSU you bought this? https://icomp.de/shop-icomp/en…psu_type=compact_200-240V

• Yes, I had some horizontal glitches over the screen. Like I said it was only for 25 minutes but the Indivision was recognized this time. The CCK capacitor settings were not available in the software that time, they were added by a later update of the software.

That’s the CA-PSU, not the cheapest one but for me the best. I got a second one for my expanded A500. Works like a charm.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.