PixelWizard C64C case question.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • The "no residue" must be true because those cases will get produced in volumes and then stocked and must look perfectly even after years to come. And we cant handle individual cases differently, that only drives costs up.

• Me too I'm eagerly waiting for the cases to become available - and I do appreciate very much the extra care and level of perfection that is applied to them !

Just one thing where I'd love even more perfection applied: the "Commodore 64" label in the lower right corner of the case - I'd wish for it to be totally identical to the original C64c version. I.e. it should have two lines - at the top "Commodore 64" and below "Personal Computer".

The latter is missing so far on the pictures you published... ;(

Anyway, keep up the great work, I love you for keeping C64 cases alive !!

• Check the shop page later today. Busy working on taking pre-orders - all parts are now confirmed. We can take pre-orders for Europe this week. For non-EU countries, we still have to work on our shipping system, as DHL is out of the question due to it's long delivery times (60 days for North America), and Parcel One just won't take such large parcels. We'll work with UPS in the near future (contract is already signed).

• Phew - "variant products" are always especially tedious to enter into this shop system, but I believe I got all things covered - shipping methods, max. quantity per parcel (weight and size restrictions from parcel services) and minimum shopping cart value for UK customers.

I did my best to show the worst side of the cases on the pictures. Direct sunlight helped nicely this afternoon: Sunlight really has no mercy. That's totally different in any kind of articifial lighting, be it LED, Halogen or old-fashioned light bulbs - nothing shows the binding seams as clearly as direct sunlight. It was partly cloudy this afternoon when I took the pictures, and as soon as there's the smallest cloud in front of the sun, the binding seams are still visible, but almost impossible to catch with the camera.

Non-EU customers: Bear with us. We'll have a shipping method for you before we can start mass-shipping the new cases!

• Have since a year the C64C Transparant case from the 2015 kickstarter Dallas Moore. Which I use it with the C64R MK2 and the Turbo Chameleon 64 V1.

Have heard from Stefanie (Pixelwizard Retro Shop) that the moulds for the Transparant cases have been reworked again to improve the quality even more. If so is’t a improvement than the 2015 case from Dallas Moore.

A1200 GHOST Rev2B RECAP TSB 2020 / CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK3 / Blizzard 1230 IV

A1200 CD32 Rev1D.4 RECAP TSB 2019 / CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK3 / ACA1234-50
    A1200 BLACK Rev2B RECAP TSB 2018 / CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK3 /
    Blizzard 1230 IV

A1200 TRANSLUCENT Rev1D.4 RECAP TSB 2018 /
    CA-PSU / Indivision AGA MK2CR / ACA1233-55 LE
    A500 BLACK Rev6A / CA-PSU / ACE2 / Indivision ECS V1-V2 / ACA500Plus V1-V2 / ACA1221 Rev1.3 / ACA1233n-55

C64R MK1-MK2 TRANSPARENT 2015 DM / iComp 12V 2.0A / TC64 V1

Edited once, last by JohanSSID ().

• Have heard from Stefanie (Pixelwizard Retro Shop) that the moulds for the Transparant cases have been reworked again to improve the quality even more. If so is’t a improvement than the 2015 case from Dallas Moore.

There are no special molds for transparent cases - it's the same toolings for all of them. And yes, we have constantly spent money on improving these toolings, which is why the whole project is still in the red numbers, even after selling so many cases in so many years. Further, the injection molding company has changed - and the new one did a better job than the previous one if you ask me. However, I'm biased. I have spent so much time on this project that I look at the exact spots that we've updated, and find that the new look is *so* much better. Still, it may be "just the same" for the untrained eye, so I won't point anyone to any more spots than the ones I have already mentioned here in the thread - and leave it up to actual reviews by real customers - unpaid, honest, no mercy. That's the best source of information you'll have.

• If you're outside Europe, I currently have no option. DHL is way too slow (they will only allow an official inquiry after 60 days), and Parcel One does not take these large parcel due to their size.

We are working on getting UPS into the shop system. I hope that we'll ahve that before the cases really start shipping. You'll then even have the "express" option, meaning that US customers can have iComp goods on the next business day (we're very close to the airport where UPS planes take off from).

Subject to be confirmed, though - I've heard lots of promises from parcel services during the last months. We've made trial shipments with pretty much every carrier there is, and of course laid out traps where usually errors happen. UPS mastered them all, while DPD failed worst by taking a whopping five weeks, numerous calls and a still-open support ticket (with really funny answers!) until they finally picked up the trial parcels. Guess who got the new contract :-)

• I live in Canada and 99% of the time UPS will charge outrageous brokerage fees, while the post office will not.

What brokerage fees? Most of the imported goods should be free of import duties, so all you may need to pay is your local value added tax (at least that's what it is if we import something from Canada - I'd expect these regulations to be bilateral). Granted, UPS will ask some extra if they do the handling, but in return you'll have the goods way faster. If you have any hard numbers, I'd be interested to know them.

The DHL "promise" of up to 60 days transit time is just outrageous. Would you really be willing to wait that long? Granted, I haven't calculated what UPS will actually charge, as the cases are relatively light compared to the dimensions, so they will most likely charge "volume weight" instead of actual weight. I'm happy to offer DHL alongside with UPS, so you can choose "sea freight with added Corona wait at a premium price" - at least that's what I'd call the DHL offering for the Americas. Maybe I'm just in a trolling mood today.

Oooooo, I got a shipping notification. So excited :D

Yep, we've started to ship today. Some quirks with the DHL system (that probably put me in that trolling mood..), but overall, a full confirmation of the changes that we've implemented in our shipping system. This was largely verified positive with the Eizo monitors a few months ago, but that was only a few ten parcels in several weeks. I believe it was over 60 parcels today, and everything went smooth. Well, except for DHL assigning the same tracking numbers to different parcels... but hey, our software caught that, cancelled and ordered new waybills from the DHL system. After all, iComp is a computer company - we can do software as well :-)

• Or even regular postage mail could be an option.

That's what DHL Economy means (DHL and Deutsche Post are the same company). They ship it over by the cheapest means, then hand it to the local post. And this "handing from one company to another" is what causes all kinds of issues. Whenever there is a problem, one will point at the other and not feel responsible.

• That's what DHL Economy means (DHL and Deutsche Post are the same company). They ship it over by the cheapest means, then hand it to the local post. And this "handing from one company to another" is what causes all kinds of issues. Whenever there is a problem, one will point at the other and not feel responsible.

That sucks. I wanted to pre-order a Greadbin Grey case.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.