PixelWizard C64C case question.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Dear Members,

Currently I'm residing in Turkey and I'm unable to buy transparent case due to the following error message:

"No shipping options are currently available."

What am I supposed to do?

• What am I supposed to do?

Please wait until we have sorted all the IT problems with UPS - you'll be able to choose UPS as a carrier when we have (finally) solved the problem of transferring customs information to them electronically.

Our other partners DHL and Parcel One are either not up to the task of transporting these parcels within a reasonable timeframe, or they just don't take the size of parcel.

• WOW! That was fast!

As soon as I read that shipping to U.S. was available again, I placed my order.

It arrived THREE days later! This is the fastest I have received anything from a European country before. My package obviously did not spend any time in customs or it was able to breeze through somehow.

Bravo on the new system, Jens!

• My package obviously did not spend any time in customs or it was able to breeze through somehow.

The blessing of electronic invoicing: UPS does all the paperwork in advance, even before the parcel enters the country. My guess is that customs will pick out parcels here and there and still be able to delay things, so your case may not be representative. Also, there are reports online of "surprise invoices" that UPS sends to recipients of parcels when customs charges were not charged at the door.

Our frist trial shipment (shipped early November) took a bit longer, as it was the "expedited" service. I then learned that there is only a 2-EUR difference to "express saver", and that the reason why "expedited" was so slow was that many express and express saver parcels have occupied space on the plane - the "expedited" parcels then get delayed. I therefore decided not to offer that service in the shop, as that 2,- EUR difference really doesn't help at the price that UPS charges.

Also, it really appears to be the way that the UPS salesman told me: We're in a really good location to the airport that UPS uses. If you take a detailed look at tracking, you will probably find that it was less than 24 hours from pickup to take-off for the journey over the big pond.

Bravo on the new system, Jens!

Thanks, but credit is due for Andreas who implemented the SOAP/XML hell. I refuse to use the UPS Windows software: Our data protection declaration clearly says that we take good care of personal data. I can't declare that and then turn around to enter personal data on a Windows system, so we had to code something that works in our Linux-only environment. Sorry it took so long. I believe it was worth the wait.

• We'll ship on Monday, so in your case, the shipping delay will probably be longer than the actual transit time (note that we're a few hours ahead; I'm still on the office while it's already getting dark outside and all employees have left hours ago.

You'll see that UPS has it on your doorstep before the next weekend - you're paying for the highest level of reliability and speed.

• Airport security personnel appears to be on strike at Köln-Bonn airport, where UPS freight planes are starting. Please monitor your tracking number, which has been sent out by the shop system a minute ago. UPS says that they will do anything to minimize impact on their flights.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.