PixelWizard C64C case question.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Will you have a Canadian shipping option available soon?

Yes, we're working on adding UPS as a shipping option - actually two UPS shipping options, as they also offer next-day for North America (which is hard to believe, but we'll of course give this a try). It'll have to be a 2-step introduction of UPS, though, as we need to do EU shipments with them first, and then we can add the non-EU countries where customs information is transferred electronically ahead of time. I'm confident that we can start later this month.

• Yes, we're working on adding UPS as a shipping option - actually two UPS shipping options, as they also offer next-day for North America (which is hard to believe, but we'll of course give this a try). It'll have to be a 2-step introduction of UPS, though, as we need to do EU shipments with them first, and then we can add the non-EU countries where customs information is transferred electronically ahead of time. I'm confident that we can start later this month.

Thanks! I'll check back this thread for updates

• Received my C64C case today.. very nice it is too! Thanks Jens!

Nice quick delivery to the UK also (~2 days from posting to it making it's way to the UK customs).. sadly not quite as quick from there to me (bah.. Brexit / customs / Parcel Force / Gumble grumble etc) but still not too bad :)

And for anyone interested, here's a bonus shot of the new box compared to the old PixelWizard one..

Nice touch with the alternative to securing the case halves with tape BTW :)

Cheers!

D13TZ13

• Nice touch with the alternative to securing the case halves with tape BTW

Thanks - it was the best idea I had to solve the "tape leaves ugly residue" problem. See this earlier post - the rubber bands would have also done the trick, but nobody was able to tell us if the chemicals have an influence of the colour if they are in contact for extended periods of time. I didn't want to risk that, so I went for the most expensive option.

• Recently came across these cases and was wondering when shipping to australia will be available?
    Currently it shows the 999.99 price at the shipping section with the message basically explaining why.

• As discussed in this very thread, we're working on adding UPS as a shipping partner for countries that require customs papers - hopefully later this month. DHL is just not up to the task, and Parcel One won't take these large parcels.

• My SX64 case, which I picked up on ebay, along with my recently refurbished plus 4.

I 3D printed the keyboard supports on thingiverse to fit my breadbin motherboard and keyboard inside and work great.

• UK shipments are possible, but your government requires the parcel to contain a minimum amount, otherwise we must do the VAT stuff on our end, which turned out to be impossible due to "too much red tape" and basically incompetent web developers on your government's payroll.

Long story short: If you order for more than 135 pounds (currently 158.52 EUR), you'll have DHL and Parcel One as shipping options.

• UK shipments are possible, but your government requires the parcel to contain a minimum amount, otherwise we must do the VAT stuff on our end, which turned out to be impossible due to "too much red tape" and basically incompetent web developers on your government's payroll.

Long story short: If you order for more than 135 pounds (currently 158.52 EUR), you'll have DHL and Parcel One as shipping options.

Ye that works .. Trouble is that's all i want unless i consider getting a few or making the difference up.

i know its not your fault but what a pain in the Butt :(

• Like I wrote in the news item a few months ago: Try to organize a group buy.

Unfortunately im kind of on my own with this one but here is an idea ...
    i will order 4 Breadbin Greys's and pay for 4. You send 1 and refund me the difference on delivery :)

assuming you accept Paypal then its a simple transfer of the difference.

Crafty loophole maybe but why should Parcel Force \DHL care because they have less to carry for the same fee.

Just an idea even if it is a bit devious :)

• Errmm.. no. I don't even know if it's a loophole, and it's surely not worth it paying the import fees, which always go on top (had a returned parcel from the UK just yesterday because the buyer didn't want to pay the import duties).

There's a pending order with AmigaKit. Maybe we can combine that - please send me an eMail and I'll try to arrange something.

• Errmm.. no. I don't even know if it's a loophole, and it's surely not worth it paying the import fees, which always go on top (had a returned parcel from the UK just yesterday because the buyer didn't want to pay the import duties).

There's a pending order with AmigaKit. Maybe we can combine that - please send me an eMail and I'll try to arrange something.

Yep your right .. Customs slipped my mind especially if they are expecting a different weight. That would be a problem.

Ok Jens i will send you an email .. Thanks. if you can help then that would be great.

• Hello,

I have a question.

I'm from the U.S. and have corporate FEDEX and UPS accounts.

Can I arrange shipping for some clear cases? I'll handle the import fees and duties and will forward a shipping label.

Thanks

• For UPS, we currently can't do the electronic paperwork, so you'd have to do that on your side, according to the invoice I send you. I don't know how FedEx is handlling this, but either way, it needs to come down to "no additional paperwork on our end" - if we have to complete something manually, it's a no-go. I will only do it if it's either automated (that's what we're aiming for with UPS), or done as a service.

We have this automation in place with DHL and Parcel One, but as you have surely read in this thread, both are not up to the task for larger parcels.

• Hi Jens.

Any update on the UPS shipping option outside of Europe?

I hear you will be attending Amiwest this year. Too bad I will not be able to be there. I do know others that will be going. I wonder if I could arrange for something to be ordered and picked up by an attendee?

• Any update on the UPS shipping option outside of Europe?

Only the update that all the "electronic invoice" thing that we're now registered for doesn't work as advertised, and we're waiting for a callback from an IT guy from UPS.

I hear you will be attending Amiwest this year.

Virtual appearance, yes. And I'm sponsoring a flickerfixer for the raffle.

Too bad I will not be able to be there.

To my knowledge, most of the audience will be sitting at home, watching the stream.

I wonder if I could arrange for something to be ordered and picked up by an attendee?

Sorry, but since I won't be travelling, I won't be able to bring any goods.

• EDIT: There will be onsite attendance this year, but you are right in that there will still be more people watching the stream!

Ahhh! Did not realize you would be virtual...or that the entire event will likely be the same. Somehow thought there would be more in person gathering this time around.

Sorry to hear about the UPS IT problem. I will continue to monitor the news and this thread.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.