Video Capture

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.
Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi Jens,

Quick question - I'm looking to get a HDMI video capture card to send the Amiga output to OBS, and someone mentioned that I'd need to be sure that the card will be compatible with the Indivision.

Are you aware of any issues using Indivision in this way? Or could you recommend a particular card/ external USB capture device?

Thanks in advance,

AndrewC

• Thanks Jens,

I'm not sure I understand - I had no idea the indivision carried an audio signal - are you saying the audio signal on the HDMI causes some issues with video capture?

Cheers,

AndrewC

• As you mentioned HDMI capturing, I do assume we are talking about capturing the output of an indivision AGA mk3 product specifically here. Then yes indeed that can output audio, but this is an option you can enable or disable. It doesn't cause video capture issues as such (AFAIK), but some people experienced problems when trying to capture both the audio and video directly from the digital stream. And changing the output sample rate did fix it. The recommended setting of 96 Khz is widely supported and offers the best quality, so that has been added as a option in recent firmware versions, but for some reason in some rare cases 44.1 or 48 Khz works better.

Of course there is always the option to capture the analog audio directly from the Amiga with an separate audio interface on the PC, if all else fails.

• I couldn't capture audio along with the HDMI video. Not sure yet what the problem is there.

Try changing the output frequency for Audio. While some monitors only work with 96kHz, capture devices mostly like 44.1kHz or multiples thereof.

• As you mentioned HDMI capturing, I do assume we are talking about capturing the output of an indivision AGA mk3 product specifically here.

Hi there,

It's actually a Mk2 CR, which I should have mentioned - I'm assuming there won't be any issues capturing the video from this source into OBS. I have audio captured via a separate audio interface.

Cheers,

AndrewC