SuperPLA V4

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I bought a SuperPLA V4 a few years ago which I never got around to try before now. When I swap out a regular PLA for the SuperPLA I get a screen full of garbled characters, if I have a cartridge inserted it looks fine. This is on an mK1

Reloaded board, any ideas?

Thanks

Jeff

• Maybe just a contact problem - first of all, make sure that you're using the ZIF sockets the correct way: Lever down is "closed", so the lever must be "up" if you're inserting the Super PLA.

Next, double-check the correct jumper setting, otherwise it won't work as a C64-PLA.

Last not least, please try to move the SuperPLA sideways in the socket while the lever is closed. This will scratch the contacts a little and remove possible oxidization from the socket's contacts. All the gold on the SPLA pins won't help if the socket is corroded (even slightly).

• Hi Jens,

I tried what you suggested and I still the screen full of garbage characters at startup, cartridge games seem to work so am I right in saying that the jumpers must be set correctly? Other wise it wouldn’t work at all?

I tried a few more things, I tried it in a 2nd reloaded board, no change. I tried a Dead test cartridge and like the game cartridge it worked fine with no faults found.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.