How do I use G64 files?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I downloaded a big library of G64 games. When I open the G64 files I get a PRG file inside it. Pressing return on the PRG file does nothing on any of the G64 images I've tried thus far.

Anything I'm missing here? I tried to look in the 9M version of TC64V1/V2 manual but couldn't find any info regarding how to run these types of images.

• You'll have to mount the image and load it in BASIC just like you would do on a real C64. For most original games that means typing LOAD"*",8,1 and press return. For most games you'll also have to make sure no other hardware expansions are enabled, and only one disk drive.

• You'll have to mount the image and load it in BASIC just like you would do on a real C64. For most original games that means typing LOAD"*",8,1 and press return. For most games you'll also have to make sure no other hardware expansions are enabled, and only one disk drive.

Thanks. I had already tried that but didn't wait long enough for the game to load. I simply assumed something was wrong. I sometimes forget how slow a 1541 can be :)

Thanks again, will go and try out some G64s

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.