Reloaded MKII Configuration

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • One thing that would be interesting to know... if you put only one ARMSID into the MK2, then configure the chameleon for "mono" - does the config program work now?

I'll try it later.

What Martin from ARMSID said tom me is this:

The ARMSID and ARM2SID will definitely not work with different bus timing. The read is sometimes pretty tight. We do not have the Turbo Chamaleon 64, so we were not able to test ARMSID and ARM2SID with it. We did not have any reports about it until now. Let me know if you find anything.

• "read is pretty tight" - can you clarify this? Is the address picked up "really soon", or is data provided "really late"?

Also, please clarify what version of the Chameleon you have - is it the older V1 with cable loom, or is it V2 with the built-in mouse/keyboard connectors?

• Martins reply here:

Read from ARMSID is more difficult as we have to react to CS and prepare data to the bus for the clock change, there is only a little time for that. Usually SID players only write. Reading from the ARMSID is needed in configuration utilities, so they are more sensitive to bus timing, but otherwise the ARMSID can play OK in most cases, as there is quite a lot of time during write cycle to react to bus.

I have absolutely no idea about Turbo Chameleon bus timing, what could be soon or late. It definitely is different from standard C64, as the ARMSID/ARM2SID works in all standard C64s and C128s and Ultimate 64 as well. It will also definitely not work in any turbo modes.

• THaqnks for forwarding this - unfortunately, it does not contain any useful information about where/when the address is picked up, and how much time will pass until the data is valid on the bus. Please ask for a timing diagram - they MUST have drawn something up when they developed the thing. You don't bring something like this to market without a worst-case scenario calculation.

"read is pretty tight" - can you clarify this? Is the address picked up "really soon", or is data provided "really late"?

My guess would be the later :)

Anyway, another useful test would be: Disable the ps/2 mouse emulation in the chameleon and connect real mouse or paddles to the C64 - do they work? here is a test program you can use

• I found this thread via the wiki TC64 bugs. I can at least confirm that Armsid is working fine in my C64 shortboard 250469 Rev.A while using my Turbo Chameleon V2. The Armsid config program also works fine. Been using this setup for quite some time.

• But do Paddles work? :)

Next to using an original SID, using ARMSID, SwinSID Ultimate, SIDKick and FPGASID you're on the safe side regarding A/D converters. But they're not working with SwinSID, SwinSID nano, XSID and other direct derivatives of SwinSID.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.