Chameleon Core update 9m released

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Another month, another update!

This one is fixing an issue with the clock port initialization that some users reported who are using a silversurfer RS232 interface in the chameleon.

Another thing fixed is the 256k REU memory wraparound - We are still looking for programs that might fail in this configuration, typically when trying to detect the size of the REU - please let us know if you stumble about such software so we can add them to our testcases.

The changes in detail:

As usual get the update on the Chameleon wiki page.

Have fun!

• I don't know if this is a bug or something. When having my TC64V2 in cartridge mode and I configure left button for drive 1 and right button for menu (short press for menu and long press for reset) I get some problems. When I'm in a game/program and press the right button (red one) with a short press it will reset the chamelon more often than it goes to the menu. After it has done this reset it will reset the chamelon every time I try to load a cartridge image. Until I change the buttons back to default settings (left button for menu and right button for reset).

I was using this TC64V2 a few days ago and had the buttons configured with left button for drive 1 and right for menu/reset. It was working fine then. I have been swapping back and forth with a C64c and an older breadbin. Today I was using the breadbin. Maybe I was using an older TC64V2 firmware. I don't remember exactly when I updated to 9m. Or maybe it's related to the breadbin C64. I don't remember if I was using the C64c when I had configured the buttons to let left to drive 1 and right do menu/reset. If so, there is a bug related to my older breadbin

Edit: I just tested with the C64c now. Same thing. But it actually resets the Chamelon every time I try to load a cartridge image when having the buttons configured left for drive 1 and right for menu/reset. And this is without touching the buttons. Very strange. So maybe it worked before I updated the firmware to 9m. Will have to go back to an older firmware to confirm I guess

When having my TC64V2 in cartridge mode and I configure left button for drive 1 and right button for menu (short press for menu and long press for reset)

There must be a misunderstanding... the right button is always "short press" for reset (reset the c64), and "long press" for reloading the core. Right button behaviour can not be changed at all :)

Regarding Cartridge Images... we have a bug that occurs when "reset goes to menu" is enabled, perhaps this is what you are seeing? see here under "reset logic"

• There must be a misunderstanding... the right button is always "short press" for reset (reset the c64), and "long press" for reloading the core. Right button behaviour can not be changed at all :)

Regarding Cartridge Images... we have a bug that occurs when "reset goes to menu" is enabled, perhaps this is what you are seeing? see here under "reset logic"

By right button I mean the red button. And when selecting under the menu options for buttons that the left (black one) is used for changing disk image for drive 1 instead of back to menu and the right button (red) which is normally reset I select 'go to menu' instead. Did I misunderstand something? At least It will bring me back to the menu when I'm messing with multidisk demos and stuff lately. When I do a short press on the red button. Long press will reset or restart the core I think.

So then it's probably the bug you linked to. Because it seems to happen with cartridge images for the most part.

Not a big deal anyway, because I enable this only when messing with multi disk demos and stuff. So I don't need to have it set like this all the time. Even when messing with multidisk stuff it's quite easy to just go back to the menu and mount images the normal way.

• The point is, that setting doesnt change the behaviour of the button - it changes what happens on reset (regardless how its triggered).

So yes, it seems to be this bug.... I am on it, but its kinda tricky :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.