Mk3 and Shapeshifter/MuEVD intermittent black screens

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi!

Just checking to see if any forum members are using Shapeshifter with MuEVD on the Mk3?

Something is triggering scan line changes in MacOs, e.g. clicking the desktop, opening folders, accessing the top menu etc., whereby the screen goes black and Indivision indicates a screen resolution change.

Screen modes SuperPlus 800x600 and HighGfx 1024x768 in ranges from 16 to 256 colors causes these intermittent black screens while PAL HighRes Lace works perfectly.

Have anyone else experienced this issue and have come up with a solution?

I am running the 1233n55 with the Mk3. Using the latest MMULib and MuEVD as display driver in Shapeshifter.

Also the Indivision Tool and firmware are as supplied with v1.9.

/Jonas

• Maybe a version of ProTracker running in the background? This is known to cause sync issues with Indivision (all versions). Also, the power supply is loaded quite heavily in your config, so if you could add details about that, we'd have a better understanding of where the problem may be located.

• I have your CA-PSU to provide the juice and ShapeShifter is running without ProTracker in the background.

In Startup-sequence the 3.1.4 rom is mapped with ACATool. I use MuMove4k before SetPatch.

After SetPatch I am doing CopyMemAIO, StackAttack, PatchControl. Later on I run FBlit, FText, IconsToFastMem.

The accelerator is maxed out at 55Mhz, VBR on, PIO Mode 4+.

Workbench resolution is the same as what I am trying to achieve in ShapeShifter, HighGfx 1024x786, 70Hz.

ShapeShifter is the only application I have come across showing this behavior.

• Later on I run FBlit, FText,

Please remove - these are known-bad patches. They are in the same low class as MCP. Don't know exactly about "IconsToFastMem" - this may or may not be a problem; maybe someone else can comment.

ShapeShifter is the only application I have come across showing this behavior.

If I remember right, the driver you're using is a mix of MMU/clever programming and clever use of blitter to achieve fast chunky/planar conversion. It's very well possible that FBlit is clashing with this one. However, it may just be a bug of that driver, as to my knowledge, it was developed back when PAL(+interlace) was the only screen mode that people were using, so HighGFX came a lot later.

• Thanks Jens for your suggestions, I will tinker with it. It is an old driver for sure. The ShapeShifter performance in 800x600 and even 1024x768 with 8-bit color is so great it would be a pity not to use these resolutions.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.