ACA500+, purchased new from icomp, there was never a time that the problem did not occur.
Amiga 500 NTSC, 1.3 kickstart ROM, motherboard rev 6a, ECS agnus, 512kb in the trap door (problem still occurs without it) with the mod to make the 512kb slow ram into chip ram. I have owned the Amiga for several years, and no other mods have been done to the best of my knowledge. The machine works fine with Workbench 1.3 and all NTSC software that I own.
Starting the Amiga with Kickstart 1.2 and 1.3 work normally. When attempting to start with Kickstart 3.1, it results in a blank DisMo, black CRT screen, and a dim green LED light on the ACA500+. There are no other colors before the black screen. There was one time when doing the virtual floppy install method to install Workbench to the virtual hard drive, that it said something along the lines of "unpacking floppy 2 of 7". I may have this message a little off, because I was only able to see this happen once.
What I have attempted:
1. Checked voltage coming from power supply, 5.1V and 12.1V.
2. Cleaned edge connector with IPA.
3. Tried 5 different CF cards in the boot slot, from 64mb to 1gb, Kingston, Sandisk, and some other brands I forget the name of. Also tried it without any CF cards.
4. Tried several methods of going to Kickstart 3.1, including pressing F1, F7 for both normal and virtual floppy install, and pressing F to update flash.
5. Gently made sure that ACA500+ is fully inserted, several times.
6. Inspected the ACA500+ and my Amiga motherboard for dirt, bad caps, broken components, burnt parts, bent visible pins, or any other visual issues.
Please help, thanks.