ACA500Plus

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • ACA500Plus, when I turn on Amiga, it shows FF on ACA500Plus display, and does not boot. I then press CTRL+A+A and I get menu and everything works fine. but every time I turn off amiga, when I boot, I get FF again and have to repeat process everytime I power off.

I update firmware menu and others in ACA500Plus, I also try a different Amiga 500 computer, I cleaned connectors, same result.

Great product!!! :)

Please help!

• ACA500Plus, when I turn on Amiga, it shows FF on ACA500Plus display, and does not boot. I then press CTRL+A+A and I get menu and everything works fine. but every time I turn off amiga, when I boot, I get FF again and have to repeat process everytime I power off.

I update firmware menu and others in ACA500Plus, I also try a different Amiga 500 computer, I cleaned connectors, same result.

This sounds like a combination of a bad power-up ramp of your power supply and the reset circuit of your A500 slowly fading away. What type of power supply are you using?

• Hi,

I tried using 3 different power supplies all the same type:

commodore DSP-A500

INPUT: 110v 60Hz

OUTPUT: 5V=4.5A 12V=1A -12V=1A

with all had the same result.
    and it did work fine at the beginning. Any other suggestions?

Note: thank you so much for the prompt response. Your support and quality of products is an example of excellent companies!

• By the way, I wanted to purchase a more powerful and modern Amiga power supply and I saw you guys sell one. But I could not find the 110v US model. Do you offer that?

• with all had the same result.
    and it did work fine at the beginning. Any other suggestions?

Try a 1k pull-up resistor in the reset signal. This might give the computer another lease of life for the time until we can deliver the 110V CA-PSU.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.