Indiswitcher & V1200?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

First of all thank you icomp for creating the mk3, it's a really great product and a pleasure to use. :)

Is it possible to use it with a Vampire 1200? ideally I would like to use the MK3 for all native Amiga resolutions and the V1200 for just the high resolution Workbench screens. The MK3 would automatically take over when running a game and the V1200 when using Workbench. Does the Indiswitcher utility allow this maybe via an automatic or priority hdmi switcher?

• I haven't seen such a HDMI switcher - most of the switch-chips out there have been discontinued, probably because too many monitors have multiple inputs already.

• This is the one I have and it supports both priority and auto switching. It works very well if an OSSC and V1200 are attached to it however it doesn't seem to work when the MK3 is attached so I have to manually switch channels. Could the Indiswitcher utility support this option?

Edited once, last by Jens: Removed a link to an online retailer that is known to treat his employees unfair. Please avoid in the future. We're on the good side here. ().

• Could the Indiswitcher utility support this option?

Indiswitcher just switches off it's signals if the screen is changed to an RTG screen. Can't do more than that ATM.

Sending extra messages through CEC is prepared in the hardware, but was never advertised for good reason: Developing this for the Amiga would cost a lot of money that we just don't have. If you drum up enough people to spend extra money on this feature, I may think about this.

• Jens just out of curiosity how much money would be required to add this feature and could it be added to existing MK3's or would it require a hardware change or even just a firmware update?

• I'd expect a 6-8 weeks time span for development. That would translate to just under 11k EUR of personnel cost, not calculating after-sales support. So if you drum up 440 people willing to front 25,- EUR, I'd start the project.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.