Copying 240k file fails on newest MinimigAGA-cores

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi, I am using Turbo Chameleon V1 as standalone.

With newest Minimig AGA -cores (20201228) and (20201205) I can't copy 240k file from ram: to dh0:

Copying a little file (840 bytes) worked.

So Minimig gets stuck and has to be reseted. And then on next reboot takes time since DH0: validates. But there's no checksum error.

Copying that same 240k file from ram: to Dh0: works with earlier core (2020-0921).

On my setup DH0 is a bootable 160MB hdf-file.

Cheers,

Pasi

• How's your HDF file setup? Is it "Hardfile (disk img)" or "Hardfile (filesys)"? If it's "disk img", is MaxTransfer set correctly in the partitions? (If it's "filesys" then the partition parameters are hardcoded and generated on the fly, so you won't be able to change them.)

Could you press ctrl-alt-F12 to bring up the core's inbuilt debug window then try again, please? That should tell you what the last few HDD operations were before it gets stuck?

• My boot HDF (DH0) is "Hardfile (filesys)" (Fast File System), Maxtransfer = 0xffffff, Second HDF (DH1) has maxtransfer set at 0x1fe00.

Debug-window:

Write 202210, 1

Read 202180, 1

Read 321587, 1

Write 202180, 1

Read 202210, 1

Write 202210, 1

Read 202180, 1

WriteM 202213, 72

• OK thanks. I'm trying to reproduce it here, but having no luck - it's working fine for me on the cards I've tested so far.

Can you try with other SD cards and other HDFs to see if it happens universally, or just with one particular combination?

• Hmmm... I guess then it must be with my settings of HDF, which cause problems with newer cores. I tried with different SD-card and different HDFs and same problem persists. All of those HDFs have FFS, so maybe I'll try to create another HDF and this time use PFS3.

Cheers,

Pasi

• Hmmm... I guess then it must be with my settings of HDF, which cause problems with newer cores. I tried with different SD-card and different HDFs and same problem persists. All of those HDFs have FFS, so maybe I'll try to create another HDF and this time use PFS3.

There were some changes a couple of releases back to hardfile support which fixed a corruption bug, and meant AROS was able to access hard files. However, it's entirely possible it's introduced a new bug which is happening for you and not for me. I don't think there's anything wrong with your HDFs - I tested with FastFileSystem too. If you could send me an image of an SD card which contains an HDF that's causing problems I might be able to track it down. (Only might, because I think the speed of the SD card is one of the many variables that could have an impact!)

One thing to check, though, you *are* using the 832OSDAD.bin file from the newest release, yes?

• Hi, thanks for checking this problem :)

And yes I'm using newest 8320SDAD.bin.

I can send you link to compressed SD-image, which contains that HDF-file. What is your email-address?

Cheers,

Pasi

• Hi, thanks for checking this problem :)

And yes I'm using newest 8320SDAD.bin.

I can send you link to compressed SD-image, which contains that HDF-file. What is your email-address?

I've PM'ed you with my email address (just in case you hadn't seen the notification).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.