MK3 crash

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.
Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, I received my Mk3 today; I have a problem: My A1200 crashes after a few minutes (or after some seconds). Sometimes it reaches the Workbench screen and I can barely use it for 30 seconds or a couple of minutes, then it turns black, or grey (the same Workbench grey of the background) and finally black. I have to power cycle the Amiga to have it start again. It gives the same problem if I skip the startup-sequence (using the "BIOS" keeping the two mouse button pressed during the computer start) and I just have the empty AmigaDOS window: some seconds and then it crashes.

The A1200 is stable without the MK3 installed.

What can I do?

• Try another PSU, most of these problems are due a bad PSU.

A1200 Rev2B | SanDisk CF64GB HDD | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | BenQ BL702a | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6a | SanDisk CF16GB HDD | ACA500Plus V2 / ACA1221lc | Indivision ECS V2 | CA-PSU | BenQ BL702a | Bose Companion 2 series III

• Make sure to verify if a "new PSU" really complies with the three key specifications that Commodore has published. Read our PSU FAQ, which contains warnings about second-source PSUs that have been out there for years causing damage and instability to valuable historic computers, with the vendors ignoring technical facts and specifications.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.