MK3 crash

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello, I received my Mk3 today; I have a problem: My A1200 crashes after a few minutes (or after some seconds). Sometimes it reaches the Workbench screen and I can barely use it for 30 seconds or a couple of minutes, then it turns black, or grey (the same Workbench grey of the background) and finally black. I have to power cycle the Amiga to have it start again. It gives the same problem if I skip the startup-sequence (using the "BIOS" keeping the two mouse button pressed during the computer start) and I just have the empty AmigaDOS window: some seconds and then it crashes.

The A1200 is stable without the MK3 installed.

What can I do?

• Try another PSU, most of these problems are due a bad PSU.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• Make sure to verify if a "new PSU" really complies with the three key specifications that Commodore has published. Read our PSU FAQ, which contains warnings about second-source PSUs that have been out there for years causing damage and instability to valuable historic computers, with the vendors ignoring technical facts and specifications.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • :love:
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • <3
    Marks thread as resolved after post creation.