Problems with my Indivison MK3

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I'm having a number of problems with my Indivision MK3 which I can not make sense of

Main issues

1. When I start the configuration tool, I get a prompt saying the Indivision MK3 cannot be detected, despite the fact it is installed, a picture is output via HDMI and live configuration works. Why is this happening, and what I can I do to stop this message occurring?

2. No matter what I do, my monitor reports that the signal incoming over HDMI is 800x600 and the image displayed is square. The monitor itself can stretch to 16:9, however I expected the indivision to be doing the upscaling and sending the monitor a 1920x1080 resolution image. Why is this?

3. The configuration is unable to read any EDID data to determine the monitor capabilities. I am wondering if this explains problem number 2 above.

4. Any adjustment to any preconfigured mode does not seem to have any impact on the on-screen image, so although Low Res and High Resolution seems usable, in terms of how it looks, it is always off-centre. I can center the image using live configuration mode temporarily. Super High Resolution and other modes are not usable when set on Workbench Prefs.

5. If I trust the configuration tool, none of the available configurations are in use. I go through the list and never do I see the message I am supposed to see saying the currently selected configuration is being used

This experience appears to be identical for 2 monitors and an LG Web OS television

Models are:

Philips 273ELH 1920x1080 Resolution native. Can do 50Hz, not sure about 60Hz

BenQ GL2760 1920x1080 Resolution native. Can do 50Hz and 60Hz

LG 49UK6400PLF 4K Resolution native. Can do 50Hz

When I first got the indivision, and before I tried using the configuration tool, all resolutions seemed usable, on at least one of the monitors. I only tried TV as a test comparison today. I was just having to center them manually using the Live configuration. My problems began when I tried using the configuration tool, hoping it would allow me to centre and scale image automatically for all resolutions. It wouldn't work properly. I found there was a firmware update and so I applied it hoping it would help. It made matters worse, and left me where I am now. The latest version of the configuration tool is stable, which is "nice", but I have all these problems listed above.

I've booted from the recovery disk, this doesn't seem to have improved or worsened my experience

Where do I go from here?

Relevant extra questions:

1. Is there a way to find out the version of the firmware in use to verify I the very latest is installed?

2. How long should a firmware update when applied, in minutes/seconds?

• 1. When I start the configuration tool, I get a prompt saying the Indivision MK3 cannot be detected, despite the fact it is installed, a picture is output via HDMI and live configuration works. Why is this happening, and what I can I do to stop this message occurring?

The first time I installed the Indi AGA MK3 I also had the problem that it was not detected.

However, it was enough to push the Indi AGA MK3 very hard over the Lisa chip until it really clicks into place. You should be able to lift the A1200 by just grasping the Indi without letting it come loose.

From then on I had no problem at all.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• If the config tool reports that it did not find the hardware, then anything you do in the tool won't reach the flicker fixer, aka "does not have any effect". Please re-seat the unit and try again.

Also, please list the complete configuration including accelerator, mass storage connection and exact type of power supply.

• Update:

I have re-seated the scan doubler and now the configuration tool does not report hardware cannot be found :-) Thank you! It had crossed my mind, but as I was getting a picture I wasn't convinced about it being a problem. It still bothers me a bit that such an experience is possible, but perhaps it is unavoidable? Would be nice to see some kind of warning in that scenario.

Now have a reasonable configuration for High Res (Laced/Non-Laced), Super High (Laced/Non-Laced) and Productivity (Non-Laced only) which is progress. Probably not optimal but very usable.

Is there any way to confirm the version of the firmware currently in use? It would be nice to verify what version I am using, and of course useful in the event that I have any issues to get help with.

Also, is there any reason why a config is not available that contains "standard" configurations for HDMI 1080p output? Probably ignorance on my part, but my assumption is that the same config would work for HDMI input on all TVs and Monitors and that safe defaults could be set for all the most commonly used screen modes. I can understand why VGA might not be so simple

• Would be nice to see some kind of warning in that scenario.

The Lisa chip has 84 connections, where most of them are really used by Indivision AGA MK3. I'd find it a waste of development time (and probably hardware) to detect and react to missing signals. Just calculate the amount of possible combinations - probably in the order of 2 to the power of 60. Good luck with creation of a test procedure for this detection method...

Is there any way to confirm the version of the firmware currently in use? It would be nice to verify what version I am using, and of course useful in the event that I have any issues to get help with.

One thing is for sure: You don't have today's update in the flash yet. Please check the Wiki.

Also, is there any reason why a config is not available that contains "standard" configurations for HDMI 1080p output?

That's what EDID is for, it only takes a few extra mouse clicks, and results in different settings for different monitors (although one would think that 1080p is fully standardized). Also, 1080p is a wide screen format - I believe that development time is better-spent on creating presets for 4:3 and 5:4 screens, as these come much closer to the original 1081/1084 monitors.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.