Firmware update for early Catweasel Z-II

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi,

Is there any firmware update for this ancient version of your Catweasel Z-II (+Buddha) ?

Individual Computers Catweasel Z-II - Amiga Hardware Database (resource.cx)

I have a board I bought (probably directly from you) at Computer '97 or '98 in Köln. For some unknown reasons it stopped working something like 15 years ago and was just pulled from my A4000T (less need of it since I got the CSPPC with the better SCSI controller than the built-in)

I guess the EPROM on my card is the same as on the picture (M27C256B) in the Amiga Hardware Database (not readable on my chip).

/PeO

• The eb_final archive contains the latest binary for that controller. And yes, you can use a 32k EPROM in that socket. However, if the controller "just stopped working", you should at least check the early startup menu to see if the autoconfig part still works - it should, even without the EPROM. If you don't see manufacturer ID 4626 in the early startup list, something else is broken, and I wouldn't rate it "worth repairing" unless the floppy controller part is vital to your Amiga.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.