Just bought the new game Soul Force from Protovision as a digital download and it's not working on TC64 V2

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Yeah, i fixed 512k Ocean in VICE some time ago (but after the version that is used in THE64). It wasnt fixed in Chameleon so far simply because none of the existing Ocean cartridges actually depended on it.

I have it fixed now locally anyway, so that Ocean .crt will also work as it should :)

You'll get it in the January update....

• Yeah, i fixed 512k Ocean in VICE some time ago (but after the version that is used in THE64). It wasnt fixed in Chameleon so far simply because none of the existing Ocean cartridges actually depended on it.

I have it fixed now locally anyway, so that Ocean .crt will also work as it should :)

You'll get it in the January update....

I didn't know you are a Vice dev aswell. Looking forward to the next release of TC64/TC64 V2 firmware. btw, don't know if I mentioned it earlier, but another Protovision game I bought, 'Outrage' comes with both a D64 and a CRT. CRT file is 514KB in size. When trying to run this CRT on my TC64 V2 I just get a message that the image is not supported or something. Don't know what kind of crt this is as it's simply just named 'Outrage.crt'. Not a huge deal as the D64 works just fine.

Edit: from looking at my earlier post I had already mentioned it. And I had also converted 'outrage.crt' to easyflash using the excess program and the easyflash version worked.

• I didn't know you are a Vice dev aswell.

As mentioned in the news, the research results of reverse-engineering the C64 for Chameleon development have been, and will continue to flow into VICE. We haven't emphasized it that much in the past, but major parts of the VICE improvements of the past decade - be it test cases, documentation or actual code fixes - came from Tobias, who did it during iComp working hours.

• As mentioned in the news, the research results of reverse-engineering the C64 for Chameleon development have been, and will continue to flow into VICE. We haven't emphasized it that much in the past, but major parts of the VICE improvements of the past decade - be it test cases, documentation or actual code fixes - came from Tobias, who did it during iComp working hours.

So this practically means the TC64/TC64 V2 is getting the highest level of compatability

• I've got a question about GMOD2. I see that there's an explanation about what it is over here: wiki.icomp.de/wiki/GMod2. But does this mean this is an Individual Computers product and design? It doesn't appear in the shop.

With C64 game developers moving towards using the GMOD2 format more, and support for GMOD2 being poor at the moment (except in Vice I suppose), would it be possible to make a user-programmable GMOD2 cartridge and burn GMOD2 cartridge images on it?

But does this mean this is an Individual Computers product and design? It doesn't appear in the shop.

It is an Individual Computers design - however it is an OEM product, only available in high volumes for resellers (game publishers)

would it be possible to make a user-programmable GMOD2 cartridge and burn GMOD2 cartridge images on it?

GMod2 is on its way out and will be superseded by GMod3, which then will also be available to regular customers. see http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/GMod3

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.