BMC64 + Keyrah into a Breadbin

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Good morning all,
    A few hours from the end of the year, allow me to wish you a happy New Year's Eve.

I got into my head to build a C64 emulator inside a Breadbin box, using BMC64 and a Raspberry PI - there are a few video projects like this on the net.
    I bought a Keyrah V2, in order to connect a real C64 keyboard - it works pretty well!

Next, what I would like to do - and I haven't found anything about it on the net, is use the "physical" switch on the Keyrah to turn the Raspberry on / off.

Is there any hardware solution / trick for this?

Best regards,

Marc

Next, what I would like to do - and I haven't found anything about it on the net, is use the "physical" switch on the Keyrah to turn the Raspberry on / off.

The third non-latching switch position „up“ will send the ACPI-sleep signal to the computer - so you only have to configure the Raspi OS to go to sleep (or power off) when recieving this signal.

• You need to speak with Randy about this as you need to solder something to the board as I understand it as it not a proper on off switch or something. Write to the developer of BMC64 and he will advice you, nice fella and extremely helpful.

You need to speak with Randy about this as you need to solder something to the board as I understand it as it not a proper on off switch or something.

Its sending the ACPI sleep signal, as said. And it works without soldering anything.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.