Video out via modulator port on A1200?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have an A1200 installed (with RF module removed) in an A1200.net case. In the past I had an Indivision MK1 installed and the VGA port come out very neatly with a special bracket that came included with the case, at the location where the RF port would be. Is it possible to do something similar for the MK3, using HDMI? Thank you!

• That's possible, yes. There are pictures of the adapter board fitted in that space in this forum, but I can't find them at this point. They use the VGA output, but it's also possible for HDM! if you use a small 90-degrees mounting bracket.

• This is my solution which uses the expansion port. However, it was already taken up by the 2 external USB ports attached to the subway.

So I designed and 3D printed a bracket to hold the hdmi connector securely using both mounting holes and also an external add on bracket to hold the USB ports. This fits over the floppy mounting screw holes. Its made not to block access to the hdmi or mouse ports.

I also added a short hdmi port saver to minimise the risk of damage to the indivision hdmi port.

• I've also recently removed the RF modulator (also C235, C236 and C239 which are part of the RF circuit and as electrolytics another potential hazard to the PCB) and I noticed the PCB doesn't fit there. 🤔

I don't want to cut the Indivision VGA/HDMI board, so I'll probably try Simon's idea. Where did you get the HDMI extension? It looks like it has a plug at one end but also a mountable jack at the other end, or is it a male/male cable which is connected to a PCB that's attached to the extension door?

• Where did you get the HDMI extension? It looks like it has a plug at one end but also a mountable jack at the other end, or is it a male/male cable which is connected to a PCB that's attached to the extension door?

Its a mountable jack on the door side. I just bought this as a 30cm version from Aliexpress.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.