GEOS Fastload with GEORAM / REU Images

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I have created two GEOS installations. One with 4MB GEOSRam the other with 4MB REU,

As is well known, I can create a GEOSRam image as well as a REU image with the TC64.

When I load the respective images, they are loaded into the memory, but what do I have

to do that they are not only loaded into the memory, but also started, so that GEOS loads

very quickly?

• well, load and run that starter program then - it seems to work here. It apparently does not like being started from the filebrowser, so you'll have to mount to disk and load/run it manually. and it won't be super fast, because it appears to not use any fastloader to load the snapshot. i guess the guy in the video uses something like jiffydos perhaps.

i'd try to make a snapshot using a cartridge that will save a single file, which then will probably work via the file browser - for example action replay.

• Code
    1. It apparently does not like being started from the filebrowser,

yeah, just checked, it uses some nasty trick to look up the filename of the first file that was loaded - that does not work when DMA load is used (like what the filebrowser does).

it would be interesting to know how this snapshot was created, perhaps it can be fixed to not do this.

• So yay, since i was in a christmas mood, i had a closer look... it can be made into a single uncompressed .prg which then starts super fast.

the .asm includes some instructions. i can not guarantee this will work when you make a new snapshot (however it was made, i suspect RR freeze). likely the offset for the d000 area must be adjusted slightly.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.