Rapidroad with Aca500plus and Aca1221lc

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi

I have just ordered an Aca1221lc to give my amiga 500 a further boost and was thinking about getting a rapidroad also and had a couple of questions

which is the best clock port to use the one on the aca500plus or the female port on the back of the aca1221lc? I’m leaning towards wanting to use the female port as then the rapid road sits Nicely on the back of the accelerator card.

followup question in terms of grounding in this configuration I’m wondering will the grounding cable be long enough to be attached to screw to the back of the side expansion also thinking about the length of the power cable as I would ideally like to run them in through the side expansion.

Alternatively I’m open to any recommendations on how to mount in an amiga 500

Plans for the USB ports are to have a USB CD drive. Other than that flash drives. Any thaoughts on my plans or things I may not have considered would be apriciated.

Oh and power supply is CA-PSU.

Thanks
    :)

• which is the best clock port to use the one on the aca500plus or the female port on the back of the aca1221lc? I’m leaning towards wanting to use the female port as then the rapid road sits Nicely on the back of the accelerator card.

The female port is faster, but the device may not find it on the ACA500plus (we still need to debug that). What's working well is the clock port on the ACA500plus.

followup question in terms of grounding in this configuration I’m wondering will the grounding cable be long enough to be attached to screw to the back of the side expansion

Go for one of the mount points of the ACA500plus, that's also "ground".

• Thanks for the info. Good to know about the clock ports. Speed it not a deal breaker just having CD access and flash drives for additional backup will be great

being able to ground it off the aca500plus means finding a spot on the desk for the unit should be possible

Will be placing an order as soon as I have the aca1221lc up and running

:)

• Hello, I just bought a rapidroad for my amiga 500 and I have the same setup as Brendon93 but with one big change, I have an all metal case for my amiga 500 that I made from an old commodore 128D that the motherboard had failed in, and I installed the A500 keyboard in an amiga 2000 case. I made the changes to the case back in the mid 1990's and it's really coming in handy today with all the new add on's thats coming out. My question is would it be ok to connect my rapidroad on the aca1221lc to the female port and ground it to my metal case? By the way I'm still using the original commodore power supply.

• We currently have no solution for "RapidRoad to clock port". If you have bought the X-Surf-100 version from us lately, it will not work on the clock port. If you have bought a used clock port version of RapidRoad, you may be able to get it to work (and it may actually be stable if you have a proper PSU with cable drop compensation and all components grounded to the metal case), but I have to emphasize again that RapidRoad for clock port is out of service - we do not do repairs for them any more.

• Thanks Jens for the info, I wasn't thinking about using the clock port for the RapidRoad after seeing all the problems posted on here. I do have the option of using my zorro II board and the X-Surf-100, and yes the RapidRoad is new, I just bought it about a week ago from the Individual online store. After all you said I hope it will work, if not maybe I can use it with my Amiga 2000? Thanks, Bob

• When I hear ACA500plus and Zorro, I already know that there is a "not recommended" thing in between. Please remember that the ACA500plus is designed to be plugged directly to an A500 computer. As soon as you plug anything in between, you're leaving the recommended setup. I don't have the time to support such contraptions - support for such a setup is exclusively done by the persons or companies offering such Zorro adapters.

maybe I can use it with my Amiga 2000?

The X-Surf-100 with RapidRoad will work in an A2000, provided you have a 68020 or higher processor in it.

• Hello Jens, yes I'm running a GVP 68040 at 50Mhz in my Amiga 2000 so I guess I'm good to go for the X-Surf-100 and the RapidRoad. Thanks for giving the Commodore computer's new life with all the new creations you have made, (KEEP THEM COMING) ! I'll be watching for new products! Take Care, Bob :thumbup:

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.