AGA MK III - green horizontal lines

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • When playing games, sometimes I see few (about 5) green horizontal lines that flicker on the screen. Some games seem to be affected more, while some none at all. This only happens when my VGA mode is set to EDID 1600x1200@60. When I switch to Pre 800x600 72Hz Vesa the lines go away. Interestingly when working in workbench everything is fine when using EDID 1600x1200@60 and screen mode set to SuperPlus 800x600. The monitor is Dell 2001FP with default resolution of 1600x1200 60Hz. Amiga is A1200 with original power supply model PSM-601-2.

• I tried three different cables and same problem. Then I tried connecting to a different monitor and the problem went away. Interestingly it only happens in games and not workbench. Maybe the problem is that I also have DVI to HDMI adapter between my monitor and the scan doubler. On the second monitor where I tried the scan doubler without any problems it has native HDMI input.

• DVI to HDMI adapter

Connectors also have a resistance, and they may introduce crosstalk. So if you have an adapter and then a cable, it's definitely worse signal quality than using a cable that has the correct connectors on both ends. In your case, it seems like a cable with HDMI on one side and DVI on the other side is the solution you're looking for - such cables exist, and they don't cost much.

• Connectors also have a resistance, and they may introduce crosstalk. So if you have an adapter and then a cable, it's definitely worse signal quality than using a cable that has the correct connectors on both ends. In your case, it seems like a cable with HDMI on one side and DVI on the other side is the solution you're looking for - such cables exist, and they don't cost much.

Thanks Jens, will give it a try.

• For me the cheap cables manifested its self as pixels flickering usually RGB. Most noticeable whilst playing Alien Breed 3D2, on the colour cycling texture edges. This A1200 has an 060 at 75mhz so can play ab3d2 with a high frame rate. I bought a pack of 3 4K UltraHD HDMI cables from a well known online retailers "basics" range. Instantly this resolved it for me.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.