Indivision ECS V2 ghosting

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Not looked at this demo, but you could not miss the ghosting on the V2, no sign of it on the V1 or the ScanPlus

Appreciate the tip regards copper tape, but the V1 copes fine without it.

As there is no ghosting on the V1 I'll wait until the V2 patch board is available then decide which one has the better overall picture then sell the runner up.

What Amiga are you using ECS V1/ECS V2 in?

• I thought I'd reinvigorate this thread a bit. I've also been experiencing ghosting with the Indivision ECS V2, and although it can be considered "tolerable", I expected better. This is the only iComp product I'm not completely happy with, and my A500 is pretty stacked with iComp products (ACA500plus, ACA1221lc, ACE2, A512, RTC module, CA-PSU).

I tried pretty much all fixes suggested in this thread (thanks everybody), without any noticeable improvement. I'd be in the market for the mentioned hardware mod.

• I have similar issues with ECS V1. Ghosting is visible.

• I have similar issues with ECS V1. Ghosting is visible.

Try a better cable. There are no known issues with V1 - that's been on the market since 2009, and if you see something today - 12 years after the product is on the market - you won't find the cause in a known-good design, but most likely in a bad ground connection. Is the ground cable screwed to the shield? Is the shield installed? Is the VGA cable screwed to the shield? Is the VGA cable itself properly shielded?

Please check these four points, and you'll find that you'll get a perfectly non-ghosting picture if you verified all these things positive.

• I just wanted to put in, that I have the ECS V2 and I had some ghosting. I don't think it was too bad, or at least not bad enough for me to notice, except for a few occasions with games or demos that had it bad. I did what Turrican suggested with the copper tape, and I also added a ground wire from the VGA plug to the chassis on the A500 and that completely removed it. Jens I have this, ACA500Plus and the ACE2b and I love them. Thanks to you and whoever else worked on them.

• and whoever else worked on them.

That would be Peter, Timm and Toni - all this is team effort (where Tobias mainly works on C64 stuff). Many people often see my name on the circuit boards (because I design them), but I'd be lost if I didn't have this great team in iComp.

• I am still not happy with the ghosting from Indivision ECS V2 and TC64 V2. No ghosting if I connect my BenQ BL702As and BL912 monitors directly to Amiga RGB. I know Jens has said that is not a fair comparison due to the monitors then running 15KHz and much lower pixelclock VS ECS V2 at 31KHz. But the TC64 V2 Amiga core and various other cores have the option to turn off the scandoubler and run 15KHz. Which my screens support. I am sure it would be the same for ECS V2 if it could be run in 15KHz (which would be pointless in the first place since it's a scandoubler). There is still ghosting with the scandoubler turned off (15KHz) with the TC64 V2. Retro tink 2x mini connected to C64 via Svideo to HDMI shows none of this ghosting other than the usual artifacts from the VIC II with some slight blur besides some letters or graphics.

Still hoping for patchboards for both ECS V2 and TC64 V2.

• Still hoping for patchboards for both ECS V2 and TC64 V2.

Becoming more and more likely. Indivision ECS V3 with that updated analogue part and some "chip shortage changes" is in production and will also undergo CE testing before it's sold (pre-screening was already successful).

• Becoming more and more likely. Indivision ECS V3 with that updated analogue part and some "chip shortage changes" is in production and will also undergo CE testing before it's sold (pre-screening was already successful).

When would you estimate the ecs v3 will be for sale?

• It's not only the chip supply, but also assembly service that's currently "more than scarce". The whole tech economy is booming, and chip-a-geddon doesn't mean that there are any less chips being made. It only means that all available chips are being used, so after solving procurement problems, you run into the next promlem of lining up at the assembly companies: While I normally had about 2-3 days to wait for a free time-slot on the assembly machines, it was in the order of 5-6 weeks this time. If you ask now, it's even longer, as summer time is usually the time when people take their holidays in Germany.

That said, SMD assembly has been confirmed for next week, then comes THT-selective soldering, then manual soldering of the VGA output, CPLD programming and flashing, testing, packing.. maybe late September. I don't expect any further delays, as we have the VGA cables in stock and we also have plenty of packing material.

• .That said, SMD assembly has been confirmed for next week, then comes THT-selective soldering, then manual soldering of the VGA output, CPLD programming and flashing, testing, packing.. maybe late September. I don't expect any further delays, as we have the VGA cables in stock and we also have plenty of packing material.

Jens, is there any change of an upgrade offer from the ECS V2 I bought here less than a year ago. I posted here a time ago some examples and a video in this thread from the ‘ghosting’ I have, even with the Eizo S1933

Or is it possible to upgrade my ECS V2 without buying the new one. Only one problem, I can’t do any soldering.

🙏

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

iAmiga 27" | OS 3.2 FS-UAE | SDD 1 TB | RTG Picaso96 2560x1440

• I haven't made a decision about that yet. Installing the PCB with the new output stage will surely be something that requires good soldering skills, but at this point, I can't tell how much we will have to charge for an upgrade if it's done here.

• I have no ghosting on my NEC LCD2070NX with the indiECSv3.

Same excellent picture like the indiAGAmk3.

The indiECSv1 shows a little bit ghosting.

A dont have indiECSv2.

Thank you. Sounds very promising. As I too have a bit of ghosting with my ECS V1s. And my ECS V2 has quite a bit more ghosting VS V1. I may order some ECS V3s. But would like more feedback from others aswell.

Also waiting for patchboards for TC64 V2 and ECS V2.

• Following this thread with great interest, finally a solution to the ghosting problem of the ECS V2?

An equally sharp image as the MK3 gives is very promising.

A short video of the Andromeda demo "DOS" and of the Pinball Dreams "flippers" would be nice here.

A1200 Rev2B OS 3.2| SanDisk CF64GB | Blizzard 1230 IV 64MB FPU 68882/50 | Indivision AGA MK3 | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A500 Rev6A OS 3.2| SanDisk CF16GB | ACA500+ V2 / Blizzard 1230 IV 32MB | Indivision ECS V3 | ACE2b | CA-PSU | Eizo S1933 | Bose Companion 2 series III

A1200 Rev2B OS3.2.2 | Black Edition | SanDisk MSD32GB | PistormLite32 | Indivision AGA MK3 | RTG Picaso96 1280x1024| CA-PSU | Eizo S1933

• Following this thread with great interest, finally a solution to the ghosting problem of the ECS V2?

An equally sharp image as the MK3 gives is very promising.

A short video of the Andromeda demo "DOS" and of the Pinball Dreams "flippers" would be nice here.

I second this. A video showing pinball dreams (Steel Wheel) flippers and Andromeda "DOS" demo on any LCD would be very nice. I'm not taking my chances until I see definitive proof that there is no ghosting. If the ghosting is eliminated I am very interested in the ECS V3.

• I second this. A video showing pinball dreams (Steel Wheel) flippers and Andromeda "DOS" demo on any LCD would be very nice. I'm not taking my chances until I see definitive proof that there is no ghosting. If the ghosting is eliminated I am very interested in the ECS V3.

It would be nice if rolle want to make a short video of the DOS demo and Pinball Dreams Steel Wheel table. We love to see here a YouTube link 🤞