Buddha IDE only boots from HDD with DOM and right mouse button.

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • I installed the buddha ide 20th but it wil only boot from IDE HDD if i have the DOM in it and hold the right mouse button. I have kickstart 2.04 and WB 2.1.

Without the DOM i get the Insert Disk screen.

• Sounds like the IDE HDD takes a bit longer to start up. There is a command line option in the flash tool to set a wait period on a power-up, please try increasing that wait time.

• when i type buddhaflashtool showconfig/s it says: found buddha 20 years, flash upgraded Yes, clpd upgraded Yes, Fastz2:off, Maxwait:0, protectbit:off.

what should i enter? buddhaflashtool maxwait/? persist/s where the ? is 1 to 30

if i enter this nothing changes.

• For anything to be persisted in the flash, you need to remove write protection, which is only possible during power-up. You really need to hold the mouse button before you switch on, as once the write-protection is set, there is no way you can remove it until the next power cycle.

• Hello Jens,

I tried all of with the right mouse button, green screen flicker zo you can write but nothing changes.

Now i switched the DOM and my HDD cable removed the Jumperes J2 & J3 (HDD was not jumperd only DOM) and is boots from HDD without holding the mouse button.

Installed the WB3.1 on the WB partition and have a WORK partition. All works great. If i place the jumper for the DOM it starts the DOM.

If i remove the DOM the HDD won't boot. If i run the HDTools it finds nothing. Changed scsi.device to buddhadevice.device can't find anything.

Do i have to install the Ffst64.lha and Eb-final? I use Kickstart 2.04. Tomorrow i get a Kickstart 3.1rom and a IDE2CF adapter see how that goes.

• Changed scsi.device to buddhadevice.device can't find anything.

the name is "buddhascsi.device".

Do i have to install the Ffst64.lha and Eb-final?

If you have used the installer from the DOM, then everything is already 64-bit and you don't need to install anything else. Especially not the eb-final firmware, as that's way older than the buddhascsi.device.

• Hello Jens,

Just to let you know that everything is working fine now.:)
    The problem was a jumper on the back of the HDD.
    Thanks for the support.:thumbup:

regards,

• Before you send anything, please try to re-flash the unit. We've had cases before where a flakey power supply caused data loss in the flash chip. This can be easily re-written with the flash tool.

• By re-flash you mean the Buddha_ROM_52_101.BIN? I tried that yesterday and then it stopt working. It doesn't recognize anything not even the DOM.

• By re-flash you mean the Buddha_ROM_52_101.BIN? I tried that yesterday and then it stopt working. It doesn't recognize anything not even the DOM.

OK, this is taking an interesting turn: It didn't "just stop working", but there's an event coupled with it. Did you take notes or even pictures of the output of the flash tool? What does the flash tool output now if you attempt to do a re-flash?

Is the Buddha still in the list of autoconfig boards?

Does it work with the A2286 bridegboard and the A2058 Fastram board?

Those are standard Z2 cards, which should work together with the Buddha.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.