ACA500Plus and TF536

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hi

I have a TF536 on my Amiga 500.

I wish to have the possibility to add more hardware, via the 1200 card slot.

Can the TF2536 run alongside the ACA500+?

I`ve ONLY just bought the TF536 - so I dont really want to make it obsolete just yet!

• Can the TF2536 run alongside the ACA500+?

No. The ACA500plus is designed for an A500 that has no additional hardware installed on the CPU socket.

I`ve ONLY just bought the TF536 - so I dont really want to make it obsolete just yet!

It's not obsolete. You can always sell it to someone who does not know that there's something better on the market.

• I would like to buy an ACA1233n40 or 26EC. Will you have any in stock soon?

The ACA1233n won't be made any more, but I'm working on a follow-up product. With CPUs getting more and more expensive, I had to find a way to reduce cost on the logic side, which (so far) is working out quite well. I may be able to show some news in one or two weeks, and the product may be available in Q2/2021.

• Sounds great! I really wanted a faster CPU. I have a Rev5 board original I have from the 90s with stock CPU. I would like to be able to plug-in the accelerator into the back of the ACA 500 + with a faster CPU. I may end up buying the ACA1221lc and the ECSV2. Will the ACA1221lc give me a more significant boost with the ACA 500+? Thank you!

• Will the ACA1221lc give me a more significant boost with the ACA 500+?

Yes, the ACA1221lc is probably the most surprising one in terms of performance. The 68ec020 CPU is already fast at the 26MHz setting, and it's even competing with 68030 at 40MHz overclocking due to the extremely fast memory on the card. That overclocking setting may only be stable with a CA-PSU - you might want to consider that as well.

• Yes, the ACA1221lc is probably the most surprising one in terms of performance. The 68ec020 CPU is already fast at the 26MHz setting, and it's even competing with 68030 at 40MHz overclocking due to the extremely fast memory on the card. That overclocking setting may only be stable with a CA-PSU - you might want to consider that as well.

How about a recapped original 4.5A Commodore CPU?

Also, does the ACA1221lc have the function to let the ACA 500 Plus turn it completely off, like the ACA 1233n has?

• How about a recapped original 4.5A Commodore CPU?

You'll have to measure voltage and ripple inside of the A1200 or A500. Only if the voltage inside the computer is between 5.00 and 5.05V, it'll work at 40MHz. Ripple must be below 50mV.

Also, does the ACA1221lc have the function to let the ACA 500 Plus turn it completely off, like the ACA 1233n has?

No, that is not part of the functionality, so 68000 operation is only available if you unplug the card. Only the two new accelerators that are in the works (ACA1240/1260 and ACA1234) have the capability to switch CPUs - and the plan is even to make then switchable in both directions without a power cycle (note that the ACA1233n could only be switched off, but required a power cycle to go back to 68030 mode).

• You'll have to measure voltage and ripple inside of the A1200 or A500. Only if the voltage inside the computer is between 5.00 and 5.05V, it'll work at 40MHz. Ripple must be below 50mV.

No, that is not part of the functionality, so 68000 operation is only available if you unplug the card. Only the two new accelerators that are in the works (ACA1240/1260 and ACA1234) have the capability to switch CPUs - and the plan is even to make then switchable in both directions without a power cycle (note that the ACA1233n could only be switched off, but required a power cycle to go back to 68030 mode).

If so, I will wait for the new accelerators. Thanks

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.