Quick question about DOM power and jumper settings on the Buddha card

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I have read the documentation and tried to understand the correct procedure, but I’m still unsure and I need some help:

When I received my Buddha card (it's from 2018) the J2 and J3 jumpers where not closed (see image under question#1).
    I used that setup (J2, J3 not closed) to format several CF cards etc… and it works very well.

The Buddha card is making things easy for me + I get an WB 3.1 installation :) :)

I don't want to destroy it in some way, because I got a wrong understanding of the DOM power and jumper settings.

My two questions are:

Question #1:
    When I use the DOM to format drives (the DOM is situated in port 1, as the image below shows), the J2 and J3 jumpers should be as the image below, eg. not closed?
    Is this the correct way?

Question #2:
    When I’m finished, I remove the DOM from port 1, so I can connect other IDE equipment, I then need to close the J2 and J3 jumpers, as the image below show?
    Is this the correct way?

Best Regards
    Hans Arvid

• Not sure if you really got the idea of these jumpers - you're only circling one jumper, and that's the power-jumper for the "left" port (jumper J3). The jumper J2 is located next to the right port where the DOM resides.

If J3 is open (your top picture) then the left port does not get extra power, and it's safe to connect a physical HD.

If J3 is closed, the left port gets extra power and you should only connect things that can really handle power in pin#20.

Same for the right port: If the DOM is in, you should close the jumper. Both pictures show that jumper closed, and the DOM gets power. If you plan to add a CD drive or HD in that place, please open the jumper located just above the clock port.

• Hello,

Just what I wanted to know :)

...I didn't "see" the other jumper on the right side, I just saw J2 and J3 on the same line and then I kind of mixed it up...

Thank you for clearing this up for me, I highly appreciate it :)

Best Regards

Hans Arvid

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.