Is it possible to fit an Indivision ECS v2 in an Amiga 2000 with a MegaChip?

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Hello,

I need some help :)

I'm about to order the Iindivision ECS v2

I have an A2000 and a MegaChip installed and I wonder if it's possible to install Indivision?

Will it fit together with the MegaChip?

Will it fit if I use a 48pin riser on the Denise chip and place the Indivision on top, will it clear the MegaChip and still get under the PSU?

If it is possible, how do you do it?

Here is a image from my setup:

Here is an image from a video on the net

Best Regards

Hans Arvid (Norway)

• This may not fit, but there are two possible solutions. One is what yo've already suggested, and that's raising Indivision ECS V2 with additional 48-pin sockets. The other solution is to use the A1000 adapter, which lets you install Insivision ECS (V2) on the Paula chip, and the Denise chip stays in place.

• Hello and good morning,

Thank you for your answer :)

I really thought that the A1000 adapter only worked on...A1000 machines, because it says about the product in the shop:
    "Only works with multi-layer A1000 versions that do NOT use a daughterboard!"

So you confirm, it will work with a (rev 6.x) A2000 machine?

:)

Best Regards
    Hans Arvid

• I really thought that the A1000 adapter only worked on...A1000 machines, because it says about the product in the shop:
    "Only works with multi-layer A1000 versions that do NOT use a daughterboard!"

That's a negative "does not work on A1000 with daughterboard" description. It does not exclude other Amigas :-)

So you confirm, it will work with a (rev 6.x) A2000 machine?

Yes, it will work on all other Amigas with a DIP-Paula (so not on the A600, where you'll need the A604n). These adapters are in many of my test-machines, such as an A500, and it even makes testing with an A3000 a little more convenient, as it sticks out the side and nicely exposes the socket for Indivision. Not something for "everyday use", as you can't close the A3000 case any more. Purely a "workshop situation", but a nice demonstration of how the Amiga chipset is constructed.

• Hello,

Thank you so much for clarifying this for me :)

I'm so happy you have a solution I can buy.
    My MegaChip is really a mega-size thing and I while was measuring everything yesterday, I thought to myself... this will never fit.
    But it will now :)

Best Regards
    Hans Arvid

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.