New Buster chip

Caution: Non registered users only see threads and messages in the currently selected language, which is determined by their browser. Please create an account and log in to see all content by default. This is a limitation of the forum software.

Also users that are not logged in can not create new threads. This is a, unfortunately needed, counter measure against spam. Please create an account and log in to start new threads.

Don't Panic. Please wash hands.
  • Wie so viele Dinge ist auch dieses Projekt von der "chip shortage" betroffen. Ich kann derzeit nicht einmal einen Prototypen bauen, so dass die Entwicklung rein virtuell stattfindet.

• And if the 16MHz A3000 is equipped with G-Force 040?

...then it should be no problem to set the jumpers to 25MHz board clock - that will also increase Z3 performance.

Agreeing on the performance boost using 25MHz vs 16MHz, and RAMSEY access will likely improve, but I believe the CPU/FPU will still get those faster clocks, no?

• but I believe the CPU/FPU will still get those faster clocks, no?

Since there's an accelerator in most of those systems, that's not a problem at all. Further, all the 16MHz A3000 computers that I have seen so far were fine being overclocked to 25MHz. I have yet to see a CPU that a) can't take the overclocking and b) causes trouble when an accelerator is active (they are tri-stated in those cases).

If any of these observations were wrong, there would be a need to support 16MHz operation. At this point, I don't see it.